Toronto Angular Condos | 29.35m | 7s | Daffodil Developments | Square Vis Architects

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
995 BROADVIEW AVE
Ward 29 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevelopment of the site with a 10-storey mixed use building: 111 dwelling units, height 38.64 metres, 8261 square metres of residential gross floor area and 449 square metres of retail space on the ground floor

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 17 266470 STE 29 OZ Nov 23, 2017 Under Review

The proposal includes the current site of Whistler's, which is closing at the end of the year: https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-...ork-eatery-whistler-s-closing-at-end-of-year/

upload_2017-11-28_16-39-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-28_16-39-48.png
    upload_2017-11-28_16-39-48.png
    889.8 KB · Views: 2,519
A dated-looking recreational vehicle? I think it looks much slicker than that myself. Based on the one render perspective supplied, at any rate.

Love it. But my suspicion is that stuffy East York brings it down a few floors and we get a mundane, value-engineered vestige of the original.

Love it. But my suspicion is that stuffy East York brings it down a few floors and we get a mundane, value-engineered vestige of the original.
I'd be surprised were that to happen - it's not terribly tall and it's close to significantly taller structures that have been there for years. As for value engineering and dumbing down the thing, I guess we'll see. It certainly happens often enough.

That ground floor retail space is just a nice size for relocating the super-mini Todmorden Room library branch from the East York Community Centre.

It would be a better location, much more visible and more than twice the size.

Back