Toronto 100 Wellesley East | 38.7m | 11s | CAPREIT | Core Architects

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate proposal to retain the existing 28-storey rental apartment building (427 units) and construct a new 10-storey mixed-use building (31.5 metres, excluding mechanical penthouse) along the Jarvis Street frontage and the easterly portions of Wellesley Street and Cawthra Square. 128 new rental units, 11,629.0 square metres RGFA, 458 sq. m. office/retail uses. No additional parking is proposed (existing parking garage to serve both existing and proposed buildings).

So the "Homo Hilton" is getting its green space filled in? This seems to be the trend for towers in the park... Interested to see if people think this is good for urban life & density? Bad for heritage?

So the "Homo Hilton" is getting its green space filled in? This seems to be the trend for towers in the park... Interested to see if people think this is good for urban life & density? Bad for heritage?

Let's keep our Palace Piers and Uno Priis in tact but I think this is a great spot for added density. The building is handsome enough for its genre but I don't see the lawn as sacred ground - especially fronting busy Jarvis

CORE Architects
100W.png
100W_2.png

Attachments

• 100W.png
    100W.png
    695.4 KB · Views: 1,778
  • 100W_2.png
    100W_2.png
    828.4 KB · Views: 1,846
Loving that green roof/wall thing with seating; hoping it survives the planning process.

There's no dialogue between the two buildings. None.

Le Corbusier must be rolling in his grave. I'm generally not a fan of towers-in-the-park planning and massing. But it's sad to see that the merits of what it achieved like open space, natural light, views resulting from unique massing, and extensive greenery are going out the window in favour of the kind of overdevelopment that it sought to address in the first place.

Back