Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

If one goes WAAAAY back in this thread you can see the tunnel during construction as this was a cut and cover project.

TE3.21 - Encroachment Agreements - Pedestrian Tunnel and Vehicular Tunnel under a Future Public Highway, to be named Downes Street, connecting 100 Queens Quay East to 55 Lake Shore Boulevard East​

The tunnel will generate $83,250.00 in annual revenue? Maybe I need read the details.

It was a little challenging trying to find the Farm Boy parking last night when the LCBO had their preferred parking and FarmBoy was just referred to as retail Parking P2. (Or P1?)I took the escalator up two levels but took the wrong elevator only one level down. Then found the correct elevator to the underground parking. Free 1hour parking automatically printed on every receipt over $15.

A wet miserable night. I should have taken DSC’s advice to go today. I would recommend maybe going Saturday or Sunday as they should be selling off all their overstock. Only a few people there at 8:00 pm last night. >20 staff.
Very nice store. Hey it’s new and clean and spacious with only a hand full of customers on day 1.

The tunnel will generate $83,250.00 in annual revenue? Maybe I need read the details.

It was a little challenging trying to find the Farm Boy parking last night when the LCBO had their preferred parking and FarmBoy was just referred to as retail Parking P2. (Or P1?)I took the escalator up two levels but took the wrong elevator only one level down. Then found the correct elevator to the underground parking. Free 1hour parking automatically printed on every receipt over $15.

A wet miserable night. I should have taken DSC’s advice to go today. I would recommend maybe going Saturday or Sunday as they should be selling off all their overstock. Only a few people there at 8:00 pm last night. >20 staff.
Very nice store. Hey it’s new and clean and spacious with only a hand full of customers on day 1.
If anyone intrudes into City space (i.e. with a tunnel under a road) there is a fee. Hence the $83,250.

If anyone intrudes into City space (i.e. with a tunnel under a road) there is a fee. Hence the $83,250.
Wow. Per year. Who fixes the leaks? Just in case they need bollard protection in the future (eg union station)

Paid - buried or identified in the property taxes I assume? Commercial and not residential.

Link from @DSC post.

I got tired of reading this but this is my take on it.
We will approve your big development Menkes if you put a new road through the middle of your property and it will cost you a 100k per year to walk/drive under it. Who knew. Thanks for sharing.

From link above
f. the Applicant shall pay (i) an annual licence fee in the amount as prescribed under Chapter 441, Fees and Charges, Appendix C – Schedule 2, Transportation Services, of the City's Municipal Code, as amended or replaced, and (ii) any applicable real property taxes eligible. The licence fee shall increase annually throughout the term of the Agreement in accordance with the City's User Fee Policy, as provided for under Chapter 441, Fees and Charges, of the Toronto Municipal Code;
g. the Applicant agrees that the Pedestrian Tunnel shall remain publicly accessible throughout the term of the Agreement;
h. the City shall maintain the right to place or affix pipes, cables, wires, poles and other infrastructure within/to, over or under the Encroachment;
i. the City shall not be responsible for repairing or replacing the Encroachment damaged as a result of street repairs, construction or other municipal activities on or within the public highway;

Reactions: DSC
I am assuming that Downes Street is the new north-south street on the east side of this project though, labeled New Street, and not the east-west street as shown on this image?

1658789553076-png.415930

The east-west street is the extension of Harbour.

The new East-West Street is Downes St, the new North-South street is John M Tinsley Street. See map at post here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...1m-70s-menkes-a—a.26744/page-123#post-1908775

The new East-West Street is Downes St, the new North-South street is John M Tinsley Street. See map at post here: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-sugar-wharf-condominiums-phase-1-231m-70s-menkes-a—a.26744/page-123#post-1908775
Yes, as was already acknowledged in the two posts below the one you quote!

It's too bad that the new north-south street isn't simply Tinsley Street. That should be the official name, with the John M part being simply being honorary. Frankly, it's idiotic having long names for short streets as it's an issue with fitting the names on maps, plus who wants to say "John M Tinsley Street" every time the name is invoked? We don't call Yonge "Sir George Yonge Street" nor Bloor "Joseph Bloor Street". The people the street names honour are still honoured whether their first names are part of the name or not, and anyone can look 'em up in Wikipedia if they so care… …so this should just be Tinsley Street.

Hah we just missed each other then! My wife and I went around 8:30 (probably didn't get in till 8:45). We walked, but found the street entrance not so obvious in the northwest corner of the building. The south (lobby) entrance on Queens Quay also works though - we checked afterwards. It was nice inside - clean and bright - and really quiet when we were there, there were probably more staff than customers! We swung by Loblaws afterwards and there were noticeably more people there. Having competition and choice is good, although I find both brands $$. :(

Having competition and choice is good, although I find both brands $$. :(

Clearly neither is a 'discount' brand, that said almost all brands have an area or two where they differentiate themselves through 'better value'. Either the same product at better prices or a better product at a comparable price.

In the case of FB, look at fresh herbs, for some price savings, not the ones in the clamshell, but the bunches of Parsley and Cilantro; I find FB between 20-50% cheaper on average.

I would also look at Green/Yellow Beans, where the price is more normative, but I find the quality superior, so you get shelf-life.

On meats, they're broadly fully priced, and run promos like others do, but I find, on average, they are more competitive on Pork Tenderloin, consistently pricing it at $11 per Kg at least one week out of every month.

Loblaws tends to run fewer good deals on meat, but bone-in chicken can thighs are often aggressively priced. Also they tend to carry Bertolli Olive Oils at competitive prices most weeks and have some good deals in different sections week to week, particularly on PC brands, and notably cookies. Decadent Chocolate Chunk cookies are regularly at or below $4 per bag (though, you'll typically seem them at $2.79 at NF)

They also like to run an aggressively priced butter promotion about every 8 weeks or so, dropping the price to ~$3.99 a lbs.

Hah we just missed each other then! My wife and I went around 8:30 (probably didn't get in till 8:45). We walked, but found the street entrance not so obvious in the northwest corner of the building. The south (lobby) entrance on Queens Quay also works though - we checked afterwards. It was nice inside - clean and bright - and really quiet when we were there, there were probably more staff than customers! We swung by Loblaws afterwards and there were noticeably more people there. Having competition and choice is good, although I find both brands $$. :(
The fastest way in or out of Farm Boy is via the northern entrance on Downes Street - entering via the Queen's Quay entrance does give one a long tour of the other parts of the 2nd floor but, apart from a great view over the main lobby, is none too exciting.

Back