Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

Saturday workmen...exterior (in distance doing sidewalk stone-laying) plus interior work.

P1240400.jpg

Peering in, in SE section...

P1240404.jpg

Fancy flooring and stone on walls...

P1240403.jpg

P1240385 (1).jpg

They are currently pouring new sidewalks on Queens Quay side (and working on the Cooper St one too). No sign of any TREES, which seems odd (and is disappointing) to me.

They are currently pouring new sidewalks on Queens Quay side (and working on the Cooper St one too). No sign of any TREES, which seems odd (and is disappointing) to me.
I’m not worried about the lack of trees on QQ right now. My guess is that trees will be planted when the whole road is redone east of Yonge for the LRT. This sidewalk may just be temporary till then.

I’m not worried about the lack of trees on QQ right now. My guess is that trees will be planted when the whole road is redone east of Yonge for the LRT. This sidewalk may just be temporary till then.
I would agree with you except for fact that they are pouring quite substantial sidewalks with rebar at the curb etc. This is not 'utilitarian sidewalk' meant to last a few years.

I would agree with you except for fact that they are pouring quite substantial sidewalks with rebar at the curb etc. This is not 'utilitarian sidewalk' meant to last a few years.

I have reviewed the landscape plan for this site.

No trees are indicated on Queen's Quay frontage.

Trees are indicated for the Lake Shore, Harbour and Cooper frontages.

Granite is indicated. So are benches.

Circles denote trees:

1633725260137.png

Bit easier to read with zoom:

1633725348917.png

Any idea where the parking will be for the LCBO?
Does a downtown LCBO really need a ton of dedicated parking? Most of them don't have any. Given the amount of housing being built in the area, plus the waterfront LRT if it ever gets built, this will be a store most people who use it shouldn't be driving to. The area is fundamentally different now than when the old store and it's huge parking lot were built.

That said, as @evandyk said, it'll be under the building. Possibly via the opening on the ground level you can see on the left side of the picture above.

Back