Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

Sugar1.jpg

Nice to see those extended notches at the top, as seen from the renders. And even nicer to know this reflection will improve when the Daniels' crown gets done (hopefully) properly.

Sugar2.jpg

Sugar3.jpg

WARNING: Rated PG. May contain nudity. 😊

Fourteen years ago cheeky satirist Sacha Baron Coen opened his Borat movie arriving in a horse and carriage at the Ryerson Theatre for TIFF. Except there were no horses, his carriage was outrageously pulled by women. Not sure he could pull that off today. But perhaps it's not surprising his new mockumentary comes with more cheek. Upon arriving at Polson Pier this morning I was greeted to this...

(By the way the Globe's review by Barry Hertz calls his new film a 'jaw-dropping masterpiece of cringe comedy'. Perhaps this is what 2020 needs more of?). Very niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Sugar1.jpg

Sugar2.jpg

The smaller boat appears to be used as a photo shoot.

Sugar3.jpg

Sugar4.jpg

Sugar5.jpg

Had to search up Borat's "horse and carriage" at TIFF and was not disappointed. The fact that there was an actual donkey on the carriage too makes it even more outrageous.

actor-sacha-baron-cohen-arrives-at-the-toronto-international-film-picture-id71817616

Last edited:
Had to search up Borat's "horse and carriage" at TIFF and was not disappointed. The fact that there was an actual horse on the carriage too makes it even more outrageous.

actor-sacha-baron-cohen-arrives-at-the-toronto-international-film-picture-id71817616
Wow - I was in the theatre for that screening, so I didn't see the women pulling the carriage. Inside, the rumour was that he had shown up on a donkey. Huh!

I read about the Borat/Giuliani episode on another site...and with that and all due respect, I think I'll give this film a miss. >.<

#CreepsWorrkingForCreepsThatCouldGetReElected

More on topic though, excellent shots as always, skycandy-san! /bows

Back