Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

I do remember though that, many years ago, Weston wanted a property at Yonge and the 401 to build a massive head office (was to be the tallest in the city if built). The plans never panned out, but perhaps they are hunting for a location for something similar.

Doesn't the redevelopment of the property at Bathurst and Lake Shore include some corporate office component for Loblaws, while retaining their Brampton operations?

Fingers crossed Concord hasn't noticed the province is selling the lands.

Not sure if it was mentioned on UT but I have heard from a few realtors that Concord bought (or has in contract) the adjacent Loblaw's site. I wouldn't be surprised if Lanterra ends up with this spot - all the other big builders are in this hood (Pinnacle, Great Gulf, Daniels, Tridel) except them.

Not sure if it was mentioned on UT but I have heard from a few realtors that Concord bought (or has in contract) the adjacent Loblaw's site. I wouldn't be surprised if Lanterra ends up with this spot - all the other big builders are in this hood (Pinnacle, Great Gulf, Daniels, Tridel) except them.

Would be great news (with Loblaws at Lake Shore & Spadina and the T&T nearby it would make sense for Loblaws. Maybe with a reinvigorated more urban store in the new construction)

Who owns the triangle of grass on Queens Quay between Loblaws and the LCBO? (south of the old rail spur ROW)

Would be great news (with Loblaws at Lake Shore & Spadina and the T&T nearby it would make sense for Loblaws. Maybe with a reinvigorated more urban store in the new construction)

I've been waiting for the Loblaws at QQE to get renovated to be more like the College store for some time. Here's hoping all upcoming development in the area will make it happen. It's going to get pretty dense in just 3-4 years with the Aqua*, Monde, and Daniel's Waterfront popping up.

It probably won't be renovated, as the site will in all likelihood be redeveloped in the next half dozen years, good chance with the store incorporated into the podium of the rebuild.

Fair enough - actually, I'd be more happy with a full redevelopment I think. More chances of (big) changes made to it. That Loblaws just feels very outdated and sterile every time I go. The upstairs feels poorly utilized (albeit I usually go after dinner, and it may actually be packed during lunch).

Fair enough - actually, I'd be more happy with a full redevelopment I think. More chances of (big) changes made to it. That Loblaws just feels very outdated and sterile every time I go. The upstairs feels poorly utilized (albeit I usually go after dinner, and it may actually be packed during lunch).
It is quite busy during the day and there is little doubt it will be redeveloped in next decade. The Lower Yonge precinct plan has Harbour Street running through to Lower Jarvis and Loblaws, who own the site, are apparently quite happy to see site cut into two - presumably with land added at the north side as Lake Shore changes.

Apparently Ontario Minister of Finance Charles Sousa is scheduled to make an announcement on the Waterfront tomorrow. I'm guessing it's to do with this.

^I guess I should start preparing myself to be massively disappointed. They should just leak out which developer they sold the lands to.

Back