Markham 10 Royal Orchard | 193.5m | 59s | Greenpark | Graziani + Corazza

kali

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did a quick search for this project, but couldn't find it. Please merge or edit this thread as needed. A four-tower development has been proposed for the plaza at the northeast corner of Yonge and Royal Orchard. Currently, there is a Food Basics, Canada Post and some assorted retail/food joints here. I'll grab some photos of the site in the coming days.

Source (under "proposed new development")

From Markham ward 1 councillor Keith Irish's website:

"In late fall 2019, the City of Markham received applications to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law (PLAN 19 137814) to permit a multi-building, mixed use high rise development at the northeast corner of Royal Orchard Boulevard and Yonge Street. The proposal includes:
  • 4 Residential towers on the north side of Royal Orchard Boulevard between Yonge Street and Inverlochy Boulevard ranging in height between 25 and 59 storeys
  • A total of 1560 residential units
  • Two podium buildings, 4 storeys in height consisting of 3,742 m2 (40,278 ft 2) non-residential uses including, retail, service and office uses
  • A total of 1,866 parking spaces are proposed (1,545 spaces underground, 321 spaces above ground)
  • A public park with an approximate area of 0.14 hectares (0.35 acres) is proposed to be located at the northwest corner of Inverlochy Boulevard at Royal Orchard Boulevard
  • A maximum site density of 9.4 FSI is proposed
  • The Floor Space Index (FSI) calculation is derived from the total floor area of the buildings divided by the area of the property
  • The Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment applications have been deemed complete and are currently under review by City departments and external agencies (Note when an application is deemed complete it means that all the documents required to review it have been filed; it does not mean that the application is approved)
  • Staff are targeting a preliminary report for Development Services Committee for Q2 2020
  • A Statutory Public Meeting has not yet been scheduled"
1.jpg

3.jpg
2.jpg

Renderings source
Notice of receipt of official plan and ZBL amendment application
Architectural drawings

Attachments

• 10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-001.jpg
    10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-001.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-002.jpg
    10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-002.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-003.jpg
    10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-003.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-003.jpg
    10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-003.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-002.jpg
    10+Royal+Orchard+Renderings-page-002.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
We've had two decades of glass boxes in this city, we're now entering the era of geometric patterns on glass boxes, its everywhere they even call it Grid condos. I understand in order for projects to be feasible they need to think about constructability, modularity and construction cost all play a factor in every development. what were asking is a little more creativity and a little more commitment to quality and cost. just a little.

something like this would be great, and isnt too far off: https://11hoytbrooklyn.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious the parallels you see between 11 Hoyt and this steaming pile? Anyone with 'Capital' in their name, and who has hired this troglodyte firm, does not care to do anything remotely approaching that Brooklyn project.

The one Christmas miracle i've been hoping for is for Grazini+Corazza to go bankrupt. Unfortunately, as long as cheap development firms are in existence they will continue to give business to this useless architecture firm.

I'm curious the parallels you see between 11 Hoyt and this steaming pile? Anyone with 'Capital' in their name, and who has hired this troglodyte firm, does not care to do anything remotely approaching that Brooklyn project.

sorry i know, it's a big difference and it may have not been the best example....I was referring to an architecture form that would have repetitive modules where it would make it cheaper to construct so it would fit the their proforma and we would all enjoy looking up as well

Back