Toronto 10 Prince Arthur | 27.55m | 7s | North Drive | Richard Wengle

Oh no ... I'm afraid that the developer's are going to let 14 Prince Arthur deteriorate if they don't get approval.

This is a very unfortunate precedent to set, in my opinion:

"City Planning staff do not support this proposal in its current form as it...results in a loss of skyview from adjacent residential properties."

Recommended for refusal. Council could still approve it if they were swayed hard enough, though I doubt they will, and it will most likely be appealed to the OMB.

Third paragraph of the report:

The original application was received in June 2008, and the revised plans that are the subject of this report were received in April, 2009. The applicant has appealed the applications to the Ontario Municipal Board for the City’s failure to reach a decision within the time allotted by the Planning Act.

Thanks for pointing out the last part of the paragraph which I admittidly overlooked as I was skimming through it. But, still it has not been denied by Council. Instead the applicant decided to go straight to the OMB.

page 3:
At its meeting of April 23, 2009 the Toronto Preservation Board adopted City Planning staff’s
recommendations that: (1) City Council refuse the application for alterations to the designated building
at 10 Prince Arthur Avenue and refuse the demolition of the non-contributory designated building at 14
Prince Arthur Avenue within the East Annex Heritage Conservation District. (2) City Council authorize
the City Solicitor and City Staff to attend the Ontario Municipal Board hearing should Council refuse
the applications and the refusal be appealed to the Board.

So, basically they told the developer that they will recommend to council to refuse the project. Then the developer just said "okay fine i'll go straight to the OMB"?

Back