Toronto 1 Eglinton East | 211.25m | 65s | Davpart | Hariri Pontarini

You really can't be stopped. Can you?
Sorry I didn't mean to disrupt you and the readers . But this intersection does really need a supertall to act as a beacon for the center of the city. At a 1000 ft. it could be seen at all directions coming into the city in my opinion. With Canada Square at 837 feet what does it hurt to go another 163 feet or so.

Sorry I didn't mean to disrupt you and the readers . But this intersection does really need a supertall to act as a beacon for the center of the city. At a 1000 ft. it could be seen at all directions coming into the city in my opinion. With Canada Square at 837 feet what does it hurt to go another 163 feet or so.
Haha it all sounds good but i believe the final height of this building is already set in stone,
it would probably be easier for Oxford in the early stages to re propose one of their towers to reach supertall status which i doubt they would

It answers why you like to have it at 1000...err, 300 metres, it doesn't really answer why this building needs to be at 300 metres. Or why can't the other proposed building West of it act as a beacon at 255 metres? So I really don't get this.

project end you know you don't need to be a dick just for the sake of it? Sure the other posts were unnecessary thread bumping fanboyism, but jesus christ man.
I Agree!

cd Concept i get it that you want a bunch of 300m buildings in Toronto. It might be achievable in downtown but it will take few more years to get a 300m in Midtown. We are getting there. We got a 255m proposal for Midtown now may be the next proposal is 270m+ and the proposal after that is finally 300, Have some patience. I've been following Toronto's boom since 2010 and always wished Toronto had a 300m, Look at it now 2 are UC and half a dozen are in progress.

When I joined UT in 2013 I was always complaining about how Toronto doesn't have a 300m building but then I realized that complaining and bumping each thread won't get Toronto a 300m. Have some patience my friend. :)

It answers why you like to have it at 1000...err, 300 metres, it doesn't really answer why this building needs to be at 300 metres. Or why can't the other proposed building West of it act as a beacon at 255 metres? So I really don't get this.
Easy! ..i don't think he cares but just a thought.

Last edited:
The reason for this is its close proximity to subway people don't need to travel too far for it. Secondly watching Koops flyby you can this building is now buried between the Canada Square buildings etc. And it would not make a difference by extending it a couple hundred ft. creating a peak at that intersection .

If everyone could just chill a little. I know it's the end of a long, arguably-not-the-best-ever year, and we're all the little pent up…

…but if you could all just simmer down and settle your clouded minds, you'd see that this clearly is the place to put aside the current plans…

…and go after a megatall, you yella-bellied, milquetoast, wilting flower, no-guts-no-glory, precedent citing, inveterate underachievers! MEGATALL or NUTHIN! MEGATAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

I couldn't resist:

Toronto Model 12-31-20 1 Eglinton E.png

YES ! YES! Now you've got the right idea making it a Megatall instead of a supertall Koops! I hope the people now understand the beautiness of this being centered in the middle of the city viewing it ! All the city the stage!!

This would be Toronto's version of 30 Rockefeller (more specifically, the Top of the Rock attraction atop the building) in New York City.

Just because there's the Empire State Building and One World Trade Center doesn't mean that Top of the Rock is obsolete.

The opposite can be true. Even if 1 Eglinton East were taller than Burj Khalifa, plenty would still visit the CN Tower.

Back