Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

The design doesn't seem particularly 'scandinavian' to me... it's more Swiss ;) Sorry, no more I promise.

maybe they did start selling to the public? But in that temporary sales office? No idea.

any word of the office tower, and what it'll look like. I really like these buildings and I really hope they actually build it as per rendering (no cheapening lol)

not exactly sure. From the 3D rendering someone did, it seems to be a rectangular box, 30 stories high. It will stretch from east to west a long bremner road.

I doubt it matters what the office building render looks like, since it will surely be cancelled due to "market conditions" shortly after construction commences on the condo buildings. Given that office vacancies are already increasing and rents are declining BEFORE completion of the current projects under construction, there's no way this will get built any time soon.

I have faith Cadallac Fairview will have a tenant lined up. Remember the city is really pushing them about the office complex.

yeah, isn't it zoned for 40% office, the rest mixed, or something like that. I doubt the city will let them build the condos, if they're not going to build the office tower.

in fact, I believe the current Railway Lands East Secondary Plan + Zoning By-law call for 100% office for 16 York Street, with 0% residential (thats why they needed a OPA+ZBA) ... I certainly hope the folks at City Planning are smart enough to not let the developers pull a fast one on this site (such that the condos are built and office tower left no where to be seen)

See January 2008 City Planning - Preliminary Staff Report

^ I appreciate your sentiment, in that the city still wants office development, and is trying to promote more "mixed use" developments. That said, there is a large whack of new office space coming to market next year in the downtown core. No office building will be built unless and until there is a substantial pre-lease. If demand for condos runs ahead of demand for office space (highly likely IMO), you can draw a logical conclusion.

^ I appreciate your sentiment, in that the city still wants office development, and is trying to promote more "mixed use" developments. That said, there is a large whack of new office space coming to market next year in the downtown core. No office building will be built unless and until there is a substantial pre-lease. If demand for condos runs ahead of demand for office space (highly likely IMO), you can draw a logical conclusion.

In other words your trying to tell us that this city of 5.5 million has maxed in office development space and most likley will have to wait many years to have the vacancy rate drop to build another office tower.I dont know about that,if Toronto holds on economically in 1-2 years there may be many companies that might just want to setup a head office in TO.this is a time that you have to wait and see and not just assume.
Lets hope the city does not allow these condos build until the go-ahead confirmation of the office building.

Well, I doubt the area will be finished until 2015 or so. There's the 55+65 story condos then there's the wide 30 story office building. That's a very big project. It will likely take 4-5 years and there's no sign when they will even start construction. From previous estimate, it will be late 2009. But I doubt that will happen. Probably 2010 at the earliest. By that time if Toronto business still hasn't shown any signs of growth, I think we're in trouble.

The builder already had shaky knees about the office tower early this summer... they wanted to postpone it. I think this land should be used strictly for commercial purposes because of it's link to GO and the path

Back