News   Jul 22, 2024
 493     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 530     0 

top 10 on search engines

K

katom34

Hello,

We got a site through real estate website design and they have told us that it take months to be listed on the first page of any major search engine. Is that true? They also recommended PPC, in case we want to see immediate results? Is that true? Please guide.

Thank you

Hi There..

Google has a concept called a sandbox, which does not rate or rank new websites for at least 6 months. Do a google search on "Google Sandbox".

To get to the first page for your key words on Google for a new site, there is very little you can do, but wait for you sandbox/probation to finish.

MSN and Yahoo do not have a concept of sandbox and follow slightly different algorithms, and the first page can be had given the right approaches within a few months.

FYI, I do have a real estate related website on the first page (i.e. top 10 result) of Google, MSN and Yahoo for my target key words that produce a result set of ~600,000. It took about a 10 months-1 year of work and patience and reading from SEO (Search Engine Optimization) websites. (Do a search on SEO forums, or Search Engine Optimization and it should lead you to several sources).

Don't let people tell you there is some magic secret, like PPC, or whatever. The one, ,simple surest way, especially for Google, is meaningful content to your targetted key words, and lot's of it.

Thereafter, make sure your site is very "digestable" by the search spiders that crawl your site.

I hope that helps.

Back