News   Apr 17, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.8K     1 

To Delight, Inform, and Depress: Documentaries

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I just finished watching Michael Moore's documentary on renewable energy as its sold in the US. It was a slightly misleading but hugely informative documentary.

And massively depressing. The last scenes were legit put in to make one cry and hate everything.

Enjoy!

Planet of the Humans

Ok, so the following documentary is of very large significance to me as it is a very large part of who I am and the subculture I most identify with.

It was just released and has interviews with some of the originators of the style, including my favourite, Goldie....who was knighted in 2015 and has some amazing work like his orchestral series and the album Mother and Saturnz Return

It's very UK-centric, which is fine because they are the originators and the home of the scene then as now. I will post a Canadian DNB doc shortly as our local scene, especially in Toronto was quite influential 20 years ago and is still kicking decent. Check out The Prophecy on CIUT 89.5 FM Sundays at 20:00, for example. :D

Drum & Bass: The Movement

PS: A bit sad to see no mention of Omni Trio's Renegade Snares which is one of the single biggest choons the scene has seen, still to this day, 30+ years later and was largely influential in the early years.

PPS: Damn plague. Watching this tonight made me want to go dancing so hard. Sigh. Soon. I'm going to have to get together with my mate downstairs this weekend, put on some rekkids and reminisce.

The is plague sucks. Can't go dancing. Can't go camping. What's the point of living right now?

The most important thing you've ever watched, even if you don't know it.....no....especially if you don't know it.

RIP Mr Mason <3....dude's probably running some weird rapids on a next dimension....or just doesn't exit anymore....either way....what a gent.

Back