News   Oct 17, 2024
 794     1 
News   Oct 17, 2024
 624     3 
News   Oct 17, 2024
 525     0 

TJX (60 Standish Ct Mississauga, Orlando, 5 + 6s, ?)

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I was supposed to post this development some months ago, but never got around to it.

The project has been under construction for month and there was no name for it back then.

The site is north of Britannia Rd W, west of Hurontario. From what I have been told, this whole area was approved for development back in the 90's. There are more building plan for this area.

More photos will be up later this week
9177637147_5507744d61_b.jpg

Typical crap suburban office development ... this is what needs to end in the GTA ...

I'm not aruging all commercial development should be downtown, though I'd love that personally ... but rather, the likes of MCC (which has seen 0 new development in ages ... less what the city forced [i.e. the parkside complex ... the commerical was actually forced by the city ... similar story to tridel's hulmark in NYCC]) / downtown Markham / VCC ...

I keep seeing those cranes on my drive and kept wondering what they were. Thanks for answering that mystery.

I think it's a great location, and exactly what is needed in the Hurontario Gateway district. It's part of the reason we're (supposed to be ) building the Hurontario LRT.

More development like this will happen. Hopefully future ones will be face Hurontario a bit better.

The area is already filled with the same sort of thing. It's in the pocket of land right next to a major highway offramp, so "meeting the street" is a pretty useless concept to try to force onto just this one new pair of buildings when nothing else in the area does.

I do agree that when this much spaces is needed by one tenant, that arms start to get twisted a little and more dense development starts to fill in the empty plots and lots around the MCC. Highrise offices are the main thing lacking down there and would go a long way towards making the area a living+working center, with day and night pedestrian traffic.

That Samsung building is amongst the ugliest buildings in the GTA.

Moreover its a HUGE complex, many sub buildings - it has parking garages as well which you'd think would make it feel more urban but its just a giant / overbearing complex !

I don't understand the point of complaining that it's un-urban, when it's at the 401 and Hurontario FFS.

The location is anything but urban and while you could technically put a round peg into a square hole, you just end up with mis-matched parts relative to what else is in the area. Like a major suburban highway offramp.

This part of Hurontario won't be anything like Sheppard or Finch or Don Mills for a long time, if ever.

Back