622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 903     0 

The Urban Toronto Provincial Cabinet

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Sometimes a truly whimsical thread is in order.

So imagine UT was a party and its members the candidates in a provincial election.

Who gets what post?

I won't volunteer myself for any.

LOL

That would seem a tad self-serving.

But I often think there's more talent at UT than in the typical cabinet.

Clearly we have an abundance of choices in transportation.

@drum118 , @smallspy , @Urban Sky , @crs1026 , all excellent choices and so is @reaperexpress

Minister of Municipal Affairs is another portfolio with a richness of choice.......

@ProjectEnd, @ADRM both strike me as well suited to that role.

Given my personal biases towards fewer laws so enforcement can target real predators/criminals.........

I think I'd go for @MTown as Atty General.

Health has to go to @JGHali

I feel like @PinkLucy is great social conscience here at UT, and needs a portfolio like Community Services.

Management Board Chair should probably go to @steveintoronto; that or treasury board......ya need someone sufficiently cynical to ask why 'x' costs that much and who the hell is benefiting.

@interchange42 is very good at oversight, but he doesn't like the spotlight that much.......I think something in economic development.....he strikes me as a good schmoozer. LOL

@AlvinofDiaspar needs a role.....there is no Minister of Architecture......perhaps his refined tastes would be suited to Culture or would he be a better prioritizer in Finance?

Lots of portfolios left to fill; who belongs where?

@SimonP and I would be in charge of data, databases, and statistics.

Since I am trained in GIS, I can do spatial analysis as well.

@W. K. Lis would be Minister of Heritage.

Finally, I nominate @TheTigerMaster as the leader and @Edward Skira as president of the council.

What do you think @Northern Light?

Last edited:
Attorney General!
What a beautiful place it'd be. First order of business: immediate halt to the criminalisation of non-criminal behaviour. ;)

Wait, I don't know if I qualify with my criminal record (ban).

@Northern Light for Minister of Agriculture or Natural Resources.
Keep my beaches as beaches, if you know what I mean and get some more of that wine flowing.

@W. K. Lis, Minister of Heritage, for sure...hahaha....peeeerrrrfect.

PS: I long ago caught up, mate.

@SimonP and I would be in charge of data, databases, and statistics.

Since I am trained in GIS, I can do spatial analysis as well.

@W. K. Lis would be Minister of Heritage.

Finally, I nominate @TheTigerMaster as the leader and @Edward Skira as president of the council.

What do you think @Northern Light?

I have no objection to properly using your skills! Though, I've never heard of minister of databases, LOL I'm wondering what portfolio that might fall under.

@Edward Skira would certainly be the barely concealed power, he always is! :)

Would @TheTigerMaster want to be premier? Hmmmmm

What you mean? We'll just create a ministry for databases. The pols do it all the time.....adding ministries to pump up a favoured colleagues' pay packets. We can be as greasy too.

Though, databases would probably be one of those creepy state things under public security or whatever. Keep tabs on the type of toothpaste one uses and whatnot.

Though, if I'm to be AG, we're sure as hell ending such practices. You just wait until you see my interpretation of "security of person". ;)

What you mean? We'll just create a ministry for databases. The pols do it all the time.....adding ministries to pump up a favoured colleagues' pay packets. We can be as greasy too.

Though, databases would probably be one of those creepy state things under public security or whatever. Keep tabs on the type of toothpaste one uses and whatnot.

Though, if I'm to be AG, we're sure as hell ending such practices. You just wait until you see my interpretation of "security of person". ;)
My portfolio would be under the Ministry of Statistics.

Federally, statistics is under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Industry and sometimes under the Ministry of Innovation.

A chicken in every pot and an MRI in every hospital! Or something. Pharmacare? Regionalization (e.g. fire overpaid hospital CEOs)?

Aw, I wanted salmon. :(

Speaking of MRIs in every hospital......Revelstoke's wee little hospital has an MRI. So, yeah, every hospital!

How about training doctors in nutrition? Preventative medecine, innit.

Back