Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

In the meantime, here are two from Jasonzed. Posted on SSC Nov. 2.

mississauga414.jpg

mississauga415.jpg

Thanks for the photos.

...hopefully these developments (esp the firm behind Blu and 1 Bloor) do not fall victim to the financial crisis.

why would they ... financing in place, probably near 100% sold out.

Thanks for the photos.

...hopefully these developments (esp the firm behind Blu and 1 Bloor) do not fall victim to the financial crisis.

FROM reportonbusiness.com

The slowdown will not be immediately evident to Canadians in major urban centres, where the skylines are dotted with tower cranes and construction workers completing previously-commissioned projects, said Stephen Dupuis, chief executive officer of Toronto's Building Industry & Land Development Association.

"It's purely a presale market. When you get the sale, you go and get your building permit, and then you dig the hole."

There are enough projects in the works in Toronto to keep the industry busy through 2009, Mr. Dupuis said. If sales drop off significantly, there will be considerably less construction activity in 2010, said Mr. Dupuis, who added that he had not heard of any major projects being cancelled in Toronto because of credit problems.

"So far, everybody is getting their financing," Mr. Dupuis added.

"It takes longer, no question ... but there is not a single project that I'm aware of that has actually had to come off the market [in Toronto]."

Sounds good but I'm not sure the later is true.

For one Success II ... then again we don't know the details - but it was in sales as far as I'm aware.

Other then that, it might be correct.

Sounds good but I'm not sure the later is true.

For one Success II ... then again we don't know the details - but it was in sales as far as I'm aware.

Other then that, it might be correct.

Success-2 foundation is already in place and i am sure that it will rise maybe not imediatley but down the line you will see the 4th tower.

Success-2 foundation is already in place and i am sure that it will rise maybe not imediatley but down the line you will see the 4th tower.

Okay sure ... but

"but there is not a single project that I'm aware of that has actually had to come off the market [in Toronto]."

Let's read that again "come off the market" ;) sound familiar.

I know what you're trying to say ... hopefully your right and it'll be a small delay.

Come off the market as in never gonna be in sales again. I think it was a smart move on Pinnacle's part given they were building the tower before they reached a significant sales level.

Back