News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

I don’t know about Taylor’s bags, sorry. I only do loose leaf. Murchie’s is a tea vendor, located in BC. Check them out. I do love their library blend! You should attend the tea seminars at the Royal Botanical Gardens some year!

And yes, tea helps you deal with anything.

I don’t know about Taylor’s bags, sorry. I only do loose leaf. Murchie’s is a tea vendor, located in BC. Check them out. I do love their library blend! You should attend the tea seminars at the Royal Botanical Gardens some year!

And yes, tea helps you deal with anything.
My wife and I live off Murchies loose leaf black tea blends. We visit them in Victoria whenever we're there and mail order several times a year. In August we took a cruise from Seattle to Alaska and stopped in Victoria on the way back. In addition to Murchies we discovered this great tea place in Seattle, https://perennialtearoom.com/

Yes but my point was simply that you can ask for extra hot. Probably for coffee too, but I don’t drink coffee

Personally, I find the Starbucks tea quite hot and Tim’s not hot enough. The exception is the Leslie and Lakeshore location where the hot water is basically lukewarm. But i’m a tea snob so I bring a kettle when I travel and make my own and only buy it when i’m desperate.

Not hot enough is one sin of Timmy's tea; the other is putting milk first, dumping the teabag in and topping it up with said lukewarm water. It always comes out disgusting milky-waterish with nary any flavour of tea.

AoD

Not hot enough is one sin of Timmy's tea; the other is putting milk first, dumping the teabag in and topping it up with said lukewarm water. It always comes out disgusting milky-waterish with nary any flavour of tea.

AoD
So true. I would never order tea bag style tea there.

:rolleyes: Nope, not touching any of those...........

LOL

For the tea fetishists...............

Alton Brown (Food Network personality) 'recipes' for Tea.

Directions

1.Place loose tea leaves into a warmed tea kettle. Pour heated water over loose tea leaves. Let steep. Strain tea and serve.

Cook’s Note

*For Oolong and Green tea, water should simmer at 200 degrees F. and 180 degrees F. *For Irish and English tea bring water to a full boil. *Black tea should soak for 3 to 5 minutes. Oolong tea should soak for 4 to 7 minutes. Green Tea should soak for 2 to 3 minutes.

You know my kettles have variable temperature settings, right? :cool:

Damn right, only plebs have single temp electric kettles. ?

I have no idea what steeping black tea for only 3 minutes is about though.......I do double that as a minimum for that heavy tannin kick.

Damn right, only plebs have single temp electric kettles. ?

I have no idea what steeping black tea for only 3 minutes is about though.......I do double that as a minimum for that heavy tannin kick.

LOL, you have to know Alton Brown the Food Network fella is not keen on tannins.

LOL, you have to know Alton Brown the Food Network fella is not keen on tannins.

Well maybe he's not a psychopath.

Neither am I, really, but I am just heading out the door to get a Negroni at the wine bar....so maybe I am.

Seriously though, that bitter dark tea taste is beautiful and steeping tea for only 3 minutes is almost as bad as being asked "Bag in or out?" (speaking of wtf?).

Anyway, Negroni time for real....prost, nazdravi, salut and all that.

Well maybe he's not a psychopath.

Neither am I, really, but I am just heading out the door to get a Negroni at the wine bar....so maybe I am.

Seriously though, that bitter dark tea taste is beautiful and steeping tea for only 3 minutes is almost as bad as being asked "Bag in or out?" (speaking of wtf?).

Anyway, Negroni time for real....prost, nazdravi, salut and all that.

Silly question, Gin, Vermouth and Campari at a wine bar?

What's wrong with a good Amarone?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong w/your cocktail of choice, but surely it belongs at a cocktail bar?

Silly question, Gin, Vermouth and Campari at a wine bar?

What's wrong with a good Amarone?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong w/your cocktail of choice, but surely it belongs at a cocktail bar?

Look, I respect you so, with all respect, that is a stupid question. :p

Negronis don't have a time and place except always and everywhere. I foolishly thought this was common sense, but much like Mike's* version it was lost in obscurity or bad translation. It's cool, I had lots of wine as well and now we're on to the tea...a lovely Earl Grey and Cuban blend, if you know what I mean.

*-That Harris fellow with his revolution that failed to give us** a better life.

**- Me and me compatriots...er, friends....er, kindred spirits.

Last edited:

Back