Toronto The Milan Condominium | ?m | 37s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects COMPLETE

• Thread starter The Burgher of TO
  • Start date
I guess you missed the recent article proposing this area be referred to as North of Yorkville "NoYo"... and yes you have the reasoning correct. Another fave of mine from NYC is NoLita : "North of Little Italy". NoBlo sounds like a very unsuccessful date!

Last edited:
Or maybe we can call it, what it's always been called. (The Yonge/Bloor area)

NO/YO, SO/BLO, NO/BLO, SO/YO, it's all getting a bit silly. Maybe it's time to create a few new neighbourhood names that actually have some real meaning.

I guess you missed the recent article proposing this area be referred to as North of Yorkville "NoYo"... and yes you have the reasoning correct. Another fave of mine from NYC is NoLita : "North of Little Italy". NoBlo sounds like a very unsuccessful date!

You know, the name North of Yorkville never even occurred to me. I thought NoYo was meaning North Yonge. The reason of course is because I never think of Yorkville as being East of Yonge. I realize Yorkville has expanded to encompass a larger area, but I can't get my brain to remember that.

ya, well I was using it kind of tongue in cheek anyway as I had responded to that article saying that NoYo didnt work for me and didnt think it would catch on... alternate names might be SORO (South Rosedale) or SOFOHI (South Forest Hill) which are about as equally compelling! :rolleyes:

The east side of Yonge is NOT Yorkville. lol Next people will be calling Sherbourne, south of Bloor, "South Roesdale" when it's really St. Jamestown.

Yorkville

Well, if you go to the corner of Church and Charles, the street sign contains "Yorkville". Technically, the Yorkville neighbourhood extends further east, south and north than many believe.

Or more specifically, the former Village of Yorkville--one of whose primary industries, the Severn Brewery, was around this location...

I'm kinda confused as to what's going on here. They keep bringing in more equipment and building materials without finishing the demolition.

milan26s.jpg

They are driving piles on the property that borders on the TTC portal, right next to the existing structure. I speculate that the garage may hold up the soil which surrounds the tunnel, similar to how the stands at Maple Leaf gardens acted as buttresses for the walls.

Back