The LakeShore and LakeFront at West Block Est. 1928 (Concord Adex) - Real Estate -

jevenlee

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello, everyone, I am quite close to pull the trigger for taking over one lakefront condo transfer on 6 floor on east tower facing south, could anyone share some insight on this move? It looks that the east tower is very much close to the commercial building on the front side, especially for the low floors condos, it simply touchable from the window.

Hello, everyone, I am quite close to pull the trigger for taking over one lakefront condo transfer on 6 floor on east tower facing south, could anyone share some insight on this move? It looks that the east tower is very much close to the commercial building on the front side, especially for the low floors condos, it simply touchable from the window.
Are you able to go inside the unit yet?
I would do some research for Concord as a developer in CityPlace.
They don't have the best track records so I would do my due diligence carefully and review on the websites like: https://condoessentials.com/Reviews/Toronto-Condos-Reviews/10104/Parade-2-Condos
In any case, you should definitely look for a discount for such a unit (close by the commercial building etc.) from this developer comparable to the units in King West for example, so make sure to negotiate for it.

Are you able to go inside the unit yet?
I would do some research for Concord as a developer in CityPlace.
They don't have the best track records so I would do my due diligence carefully and review on the websites like: https://condoessentials.com/Reviews/Toronto-Condos-Reviews/10104/Parade-2-Condos
In any case, you should definitely look for a discount for such a unit (close by the commercial building etc.) from this developer comparable to the units in King West for example, so make sure to negotiate for it.
Hello, karledice, thanks for your input, really appreciate that. I would definitely do more research and try to go inside and take a close look. It seems that there is a lot of criticism on this forum about lakefront condos, and the reputation of Concord is also not good. I can not believe they are squeezing two towers and one commercial building in that small delta region.

Hello, karledice, thanks for your input, really appreciate that. I would definitely do more research and try to go inside and take a close look. It seems that there is a lot of criticism on this forum about lakefront condos, and the reputation of Concord is also not good. I can not believe they are squeezing two towers and one commercial building in that small delta region.
You're welcome, I would also recommend you to talk to friends and family who live in CityPlace and see their feedback. You can check the Facebook group called CityPlace residents. You can see people posting all sorts of stuff there about Concord/CityPlace lives. So you will see how Concord develops buildings and their quality. For example, I always see fire alarm, elevator and flooding issues in those buildings. So for sure do your research because some people go into a lawsuit with Concord too and I'm sure we want to avoid that.

It's hit or miss. I lived in Luna at CityPlace for a few years and had no real complaints. The building did not suffer from a lot of the complaints you hear about. To be honest, 90% of the complaints come from Parade I and II. They have elevator issues, laundry issues, problems with the gym, Airbnb issues, and fire alarm issues quite frequently.

I have a friend who just bought a unit in Spectra (moved from Luna Vista), and he likes it there even more than Luna.

I lived in Luna Vista for a couple of years. Only complaint was elevators. There were times I was honestly waiting 20 minutes. They don't open the doors to the stairs without you fighting them on it. Other than that it is pretty good.

I just don't understand how they allow 3 elevators to serve ~40 floors, it mus t be the bare minimum in terms of regulations (if there are any) but when one is booked for moving and one is down at the weekend which was a fair amount it was a nightmare. I moved to basement so I don't have to deal with elevators anymore partly based on this!

I lived in Luna Vista for a couple of years. Only complaint was elevators. There were times I was honestly waiting 20 minutes. They don't open the doors to the stairs without you fighting them on it. Other than that it is pretty good.

I just don't understand how they allow 3 elevators to serve ~40 floors, it mus t be the bare minimum in terms of regulations (if there are any) but when one is booked for moving and one is down at the weekend which was a fair amount it was a nightmare. I moved to basement so I don't have to deal with elevators anymore partly based on this!
Yes I think so...they definitely do the bare minimum and still charge the same price as other mid/higher end developers.
That's why I recommended the prospect buyer to go there in person to see for example how many elevators they put in
I think this building in particular went for $1200 psf for the view units, even though the average for Cityplace is $800-$900 psf!

It's hit or miss. I lived in Luna at CityPlace for a few years and had no real complaints. The building did not suffer from a lot of the complaints you hear about. To be honest, 90% of the complaints come from Parade I and II. They have elevator issues, laundry issues, problems with the gym, Airbnb issues, and fire alarm issues quite frequently.

I have a friend who just bought a unit in Spectra (moved from Luna Vista), and he likes it there even more than Luna.
Thanks for your comments, friend, you have raised several good points I will have to pay attention to. WIll try to check them out

HELLO, Anyone knows the progress of google smart city in that area? will that be a positive stimulus for the price in that region?

HELLO, everyone, just curious why concord only leave such a small distance between lakefront condo (east tower building) and the front commercial building, it looks like only one feet distance or so. The lower floors will suffer a lot from this. Such small space between two building is ridiculous for me.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 20.23.33.png

Last edited:
HELLO, Anyone knows the progress of google smart city in that area? will that be a positive stimulus for the price in that region?

Google’s smart city is on the other end of the downtown core. Should have no impact on prices in CityPlace since it’s not even close.

Are there any purchaser of the Lakeshore condo here?
Will be good if we could form a group to communicate easily as close to the condo handover day and we could share info together

First time buyer so not very sure about the process. I purchased a unit in the LakeFront (east tower). Got a letter a few weeks ago to let me know about possible unavoidable delays and also about separate builder/owner unit inspections. The latter would indicate that construction is still going on but I guess we'll have to wait for further news. Occupancy date for my unit was last set to June 30th.

Back