News   Apr 16, 2024
 342     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 381     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 738     0 

The Keg (5009-5021 Yonge St, ?, 2s)

This is great news for the area. The sushi restaurant and Nawab are not that bad but those buildings have seen better days. I'm not a huge fan of franchise restaurants but I think Keg is for sure one of the better ones. Anything is better then Baton rouge. What a waste of space that place is. If were going franchises I would like to see a Bier market in the area or something like that. the 3 Brewers will be decent at the Gibson square. Im assuming it will open in the winter.

Good to hear. I went to the Yonge & Sheppard Keg location once back in 2002 and it was probably my least enjoyable Keg visit ever. Looking forward to seeing how the new and improved Keg in this neighborhood will fare.

I'm also not a fan of most chain restaurants, but I am pleased about The Keg coming here. That corner is rather decrepit looking, and could use some improvement. We've been to the Yonge and Eglinton location a few times and always had a great meal and excellent service.

Interesting that there was a Keg here before my time. Was this in the moat location of Sheppard Centre (and later replaced by Golden Griddle)?

Edit: Yeesh, just read some of the old reviews on Yelp. Hopefully, this new location has better management and staff.

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything new about this project? It's been quite a while since anything has happened. I see that it was accepted by Toronto council back in March of 2015.

Once a development application is accepted by North York Community Council, City Planning or Committee of Adjustments or OMB it often still takes another year or two before they get all the demolition and building permits,..... North York building department has been under-staff for years,... so it will take a bit longer. I would be quite surprise if we see construction on this site this summer.

receiving demolition permits does not take much time. Unlike a residential property you can obtain demo permits without really having any plans to build anything on the site.

receiving demolition permits does not take much time. Unlike a residential property you can obtain demo permits without really having any plans to build anything on the site.

Sure lets do a demolition ASAP,.... but the site is still occupied by paying commercial tenants,..... better to have them on short lease notice and wait until building permit finally comes in,... that way you still collect revenue. Like you said, demolition permits are quick,... but for building permit the city needs time to make sure all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed,... this is also the stage where there are back and forth revisions between city and developer-builder.

Sure lets do a demolition ASAP,.... but the site is still occupied by paying commercial tenants,..... better to have them on short lease notice and wait until building permit finally comes in,... that way you still collect revenue. Like you said, demolition permits are quick,... but for building permit the city needs time to make sure all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed,... this is also the stage where there are back and forth revisions between city and developer-builder.

The leases will likely have demo/sale clauses with couple months notice. It depends on what the developer wants to do. Sometimes they like to keep tenants until the last minute and sometimes they want to get rid of tenants. It's not as crystal clear as you think.

Demolition is starting soon:
upload_2017-1-14_22-52-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-14_22-52-48.png
    upload_2017-1-14_22-52-48.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 875

Back