News   Apr 18, 2024
 276     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

The Glory Days of Miss Toronto

Photos

I am so sorry, wish I could help - but I only saw these photos myself when they were posted, I did not have any of my own.

wow charioteer...where did you find those photos of Miss Toronto 1953? I'm so impressed with the quality! I would like to get photos of my mom who was in the 1950 pageant - do I go to the Toronto Archives office near Davenport or are the photos online? Thanks in advance.

The pictures were placed on line and I can not find out who sent them, they were taken by a Star photographer; but when I went on line to see if the Star had the pictures, they did not. = sorry, Sheila

Hi again, it's Betty Gibson's daughter. I just caught up with this thread and wanted to thank you for posting those great photos of the '53 Miss Toronto contest and of my mom. She has a ton of photos in scrap books but many of these I've never seen before. Sheila, I will email you directly and let you know how to reach her...I told her about this site and she's looking forward to reconnecting. Thanks again! Patti Murphy

Thanks so much for posting these great pics of my mom Betty Gibson and all the other beautiful women in the '53 Miss Toronto competition! I have never seen them before.

Awesome, very nice nice memories. I'm just wondering that the Canada was enough
advanced and civilized in early 1900's.
Very impressive.
keep it up if you have more photos.

This is neat, the Star caught up with the 1937 winner (Billie Hallam) 50 years later.

Back