News   Apr 17, 2024
 780     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 313     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     1 

The Fountains Of Toronto

Good news from the Entertainment District BIA. " We are set to go [refurbishing the Salmon Run Fountain]. Just waiting for the construction staging and the work should begin this month. Toronto Entertainment District BIA"

The work is being paid for by the City and the BIA (and doubtless only being done because the BIA are paying $$$)

Wasn't it refurbished twice last year? What will they do this time that they didn't do last time, and will it last?

The work last year was always seen as temporary - to get it working for Pan-Am Games. They apparently need to be completely retiled and THAT'S what is happening soon.

Have they even started yet? Considering how much of summer is left...

AoD

Summer doesn't even begin for 2 weeks.

Meteorological summer is June, July, and August. In the meteorological calendar, the seasons are defined as Spring (March, April, May), Summer (June, July, August), Autumn (September, October, November) and Winter (December, January, February).

Have they even started yet? Considering how much of summer is left...

AoD
As I said above, the Entertainment District BIA said the work is starting soon. "We are set to go [refurbishing the Salmon Run Fountain]. Just waiting for the construction staging and the work should begin this month. Toronto Entertainment District BIA" If it is only tiling (as is, I think the case) and all the plumbing was fixed last year this should not take too long and you can't lay external tiles if it's too cold.

Just got this from Kristin Wong-Tam's office on the fountain at QUEEN AND UNIVERSITY.

"Last year, temporary repairs were made to the filtration system in order to have the fountain operational for the Pan Am games. Permanent repairs are now being carried out and the fountains should be operational in two weeks. Unlike the lengthy litigation that halted work there previously, this is a much more minor delay that has a functional solution."

Just wondering if anyone had any info on the fountain that is being installed at Clarence Square Park on Spadina Ave? I walked past the park earlier today and noticed they have a section of the park fenced off due to to the installation of a fountain that was apparently donated.

Just wondering if anyone had any info on the fountain that is being installed at Clarence Square Park on Spadina Ave? I walked past the park earlier today and noticed they have a section of the park fenced off due to to the installation of a fountain that was apparently donated.
https://twitter.com/joe_cressy/status/72541047
ChEs9w5W0AA3gWT.jpg:large

I had a nice time sitting in front of this fountain last evening. This is on Yonge Street, a few blocks north of Sheppard.

Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.07 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.13 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.20 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.07 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,351
  • Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.13 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.13 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 986
  • Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-06-10 at 11.09.20 PM.png