News   Sep 26, 2024
 689     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 749     0 

The end of FHRITP in Toronto?

I am sorry I offended people. Maybe I was a little too aggressive with my posts. I am male as well.

But what I say I think it is truth. I read about this in psychology course in university. Human brains evolved for hundreds of thousands of years in hunter-gatherer societies where hunting was relegated to males and gathering to females. This is known as the sexual division of labour, and males and females were naturally selected for these divisions.

I think it helps to explain not only male-on-female violence, but also male-on-male violence. There is a male desire to dominate, whether it be dominating females or dominating other males. The dominance could manifest itself in violence and harassment, but the dominance can also be in sports, in video games, in internet forum debates, etc. I think the root of this "FHRITP" thing is really about dominance, just as hunting was about dominance.

Of course, the "FHRITP" is just way too stupid to be blamed entirely on biology. That is just a underlying factor. Of course there is culture as well. Everyone is a combination of nature and nurture. I just wanted to point out the nature part too. I just found it to be a fascinating subject in university.

I do not condone the creepy gesture in the slightest. However I do think the CBC should have taken precautions considering they were filming a festival full of 20-somethings high on MDMA.

They need a reporter skilled in Krav Maga to show them a lesson on live TV.

AoD

Or just stop going out to do these brain dead live hits. Who do these actually serve?
Are you better able to understand the news because you're standing in front of a stadium? Are "man on the street" interviews informative in any way?

Or just stop going out to do these brain dead live hits. Who do these actually serve?
Are you better able to understand the news because you're standing in front of a stadium? Are "man on the street" interviews informative in any way?

Reporters now need to pick and choose where they go live because the space in front of a stadium is no longer where one can expect behaviour consistent with civilized society? That's getting awfully close to the realm of blaming the victim.

AoD

Reporters now need to pick and choose where they go live because the space in front of a stadium is no longer where one can expect behaviour consistent with civilized society?

No, reporters should pick and choose where they go live based on it's relevance and effectiveness to conveying the news. Which in 90% of the cases would preclude doing a live hit altogether.

No, reporters should pick and choose where they go live based on it's relevance and effectiveness to conveying the news. Which in 90% of the cases would preclude doing a live hit altogether.

That has nothing to do with the behaviour of someone taking said actions. You're arguing besides the point.

AoD

But I can only truly understand what the weather will be like if the reporter is blocking the sidewalk during the morning rush.

Reporters now need to pick and choose where they go live because the space in front of a stadium is no longer where one can expect behaviour consistent with civilized society? That's getting awfully close to the realm of blaming the victim.

AoD

Reporters should also stop being hypocrites.

Back