Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Every building should strive to be a head-turner.

Not quite. The result would be a Dubai-like cacophony. If everything stands out, then nothing stands out.

Good design doesn't mean attention-seeking. Good design can include understated and harmonious. Good design can contribute first and foremost to the greater urban context.

When Haussmann first began rebuilding Paris, the new blocks weren't ornate. Their job was to contribute to a whole sense of streetwall and built form. Each individual building wasn't there to "turn heads"; it was there to fit harmoniously with its neighbours to create an overall environment.

In fact, I would argue that without infill buildings contributing to the creation of the aesthetic that glues an urban context together, the impact of each individual head turner would be rather diminished.

They also have apps. in for foundation and shoring. Thread title needs to be adjusted.

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 195531 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: Jun 27, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 69 sty + mechanical condo bulding with 5 levels of below grade parking, 694 residential units, and commercial. New Address - 10 York St (additional addresses 120, 130 Harbour Street and 10 York Street).

69 storeys seems like a typo. When it was launched late last year, it was 65 storeys and 694 units. So how has the unit count stayed the same with an apparent increase in height? Typo. I'm sure it will still be shorter than Ice 2.

69 storeys seems like a typo. When it was launched late last year, it was 65 storeys and 694 units. So how has the unit count stayed the same with an apparent increase in height? Typo. I'm sure it will still be shorter than Ice 2.

It better be shorter than ICE 2, because Tridel is unpredictable; we could end up having the ugliest Glass slab at the Southcore.

It's funny that you say that because I would have liked Ten York to be the tallest at South Core haha. I have faith that it will look top notch!

^^ Faith based on what evidence?

Haha, if that was meant to be funny then you made me smile; otherwise, your question doesn't make any sense.

To have faith in something (or someone) means by definition that, one's belief does not require any logical proof or material evidence.

Haha, if that was meant to be funny then you made me smile; otherwise, your question doesn't make any sense.

To have faith in something (or someone) means by definition that, one's belief does not require any logical proof or material evidence.

boom!

anyone know when construction will start? I bought a unit october last year and they haven't even started digging yet.

Oh come on man, we already have enough logical proof and material evidence, a la "300 Front" and all those terrible trails TRIDEL have left in our beloved city in the name of maximizing profit.
The only good project on their resume in my opinion, is their current one at Sheppard and Yonge, "Hullmark Centre".

Last edited:
haha :p But I like 300 Front and Tridel! I realize that they are 'conservative' builders, but frankly their upkeep and maintenance of their buildings over time is fantastic...plus, they are one of the very few developers who make their common areas and amenities look like 4 and 5 star hotels. I look at things from a different perspective, including practicality and real estate values, not necessarily architectural beauty.

That said, I do think that Ten York is going to look great and be one of their more striking projects!

Tridel has the best customer service out of any builder in this city. As an end-user, buying from a builder with great customer service definitely out-weighs anything else.
Reve is a really great building on multiple levels, 300 Front will be better, and Ten York seems to be even better.

Tridel has the best customer service out of any builder in this city. As an end-user, buying from a builder with great customer service definitely out-weighs anything else.
Reve is a really great building on multiple levels, 300 Front will be better, and Ten York seems to be even better.

New to UT...

Tridel online PR it would seem. 300 Front better than Reve? Come on.

New to UT...

Tridel online PR it would seem. 300 Front better than Reve? Come on.

New to UT? LOL.
Tridel online PR??? LOL.

How is Reve better than 300? Let me guess Reve is better because there are red elements in the building?

300 Front is a much better building based on the amenities alone. The finishes are superior too. And you have to admit 300 is looking better and better by the day.

Back