Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

ok, well here is that floorplan running all the way up to the top, with no curves. I took the liberty of adding an additional 20m slanted roof, and a spire to bring it to 303m :D

new2.jpg

new1.jpg

Hey deranged!
Thank you for all the info you've shared.
I wanted to ask another question if its not a bother; Do you have any idea on the height of the building? will it be the same as the old height or do you know how many floors it will have?

Thanks a lot!

Deranged, it's awesome of you to share this info but just curious, aren't you concerned about your friend at Tridel knowing about or suspecting you leaking this info?

This is definitely a preliminary floor plate.

Some of the stated square feet are incorrect. The largest 3-bed for example (97.2sm) is actually 1,046/sqft, not 811/sqft.

Deranged, it's awesome of you to share this info but just curious, aren't you concerned about your friend at Tridel knowing about or suspecting you leaking this info?

I don't think they're that secretive. There was a bunch of people in there viewing the plans. It was sort of a mini preview for friends of tridel. A lot of agents too. It's not like my friend snuck me in.

As for the height of the building, I don't have any info sorry.

All I saw was the floor plan and I got a description of the building.

they will have one for the first couple of years, and when they saw those empty parking lots they should have been expecting them to be developed. I think I would prefer a city view anyways!

What do you guys speculate will happen to the space to the south of the condos south of ten York?
The harbor front center should be there for the foreseeable future right?
If a unit was purchased that was higher than the condos south of ten York, that view should be uninterrupted for quite a while right?

If a unit was purchased that was higher than the condos south of ten York, that view should be uninterrupted for quite a while right?

Right, you should be pretty safe with views south and above WaterClub Condos, but a bit worried just south/west, where that above ground eyesore of a parking garage stands..... i can see a future tall tower development there

Can't wait to see this one go up. Good call in the re-design. Something similar to the Marilyn Monroe towers was a wise decision I think. I love those buildings! Instantly recognizable even from 50-60KM away! Toronto for sure needs a tower like that besides CN tower.

I haven't seen any explanation as to how this tower will be at all similar to Absolute World as it will apparently not be round, or twisting. Where are we getting that comparison?

I was thinking the same thing. How is this anything like Absolute World? I wish this building could be as iconic as Absolute but I just don't see it. (from what was written so far)

Hard for us to tell how organic it will be when we haven't seen a render. Those are conceptual massing renders that insertnamehere has provided.

We can imagine by organic, that the building, like the Absolute World project will also have a shifting floor plate which mimics a natural and fluid shape.

I was thinking the same thing. How is this anything like Absolute World? I wish this building could be as iconic as Absolute but I just don't see it. (from what was written so far)

Your right in that from deranged's description, it'll bare little resemblance to Absolute. Perhaps the only relation it will have to the Absolute Buildings will be a thinner center of mass and a wider top and bottom. Though technically the Absolute buildings are not actually thinner to begin with, its just the shifting elliptical floor plates that make them appear as such.

Seems to me that it'll take after Shangri-la much more so than Absolute, with its slanted/angled facade.
If so, it could still turn out to be quite the stunner.

Back