Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Went in with a person who works for Tridel and saw the floor plans of the re-design work in progress. It's indeed going to be like the marilyn Monroe building where the base is wide, narrows in the middle, and is wider on the top again. Instead it will not be circular, but a rectangle with a thin side and a fat side.
Project will be finalized and VIP sales will be in September after E Condo sales wrap up.

As per above, the main building is no longer a square, it will be a similar shape as the triangular base.
10 units per floor. 8 elevators in total - 4 high rise, 4 low rise.

The largest unit "protrudes out of the building and will have a view of south west and north. It's 900 sw ft.
The smallest unit is a bachelor unit at 488 sq ft.

Each floor will have 5 x 1bdrm units, 1 bachelor, 2 x 3bdrm, 1 x 1+den, and the 2+ den large "protruding" unit on the west side.

Tridel is emphasizing this will be one of the iconic buildings of the Toronto skyline. I'm so exited for it.

Sorry, forgot to mention that at the thinner parts of the building the 3bdrms are converted to 2+dens or even 2bdrms due to size constraints. Size of units vary from floor to floor.

The base will only have one retail unit and is unchanged in the plans that I saw.

One retail unit on a site this size is completely acceptable.. And the way you make it sound, this building will be awesome! Any word on when the renders will be released publicly? And will this be a spandrel filled mess like all of trifles other buildings?

Went in with a person who works for Tridel and saw the floor plans of the re-design work in progress. It's indeed going to be like the marilyn Monroe building where the base is wide, narrows in the middle, and is wider on the top again. Instead it will not be circular, but a rectangle with a thin side and a fat side.

As per above, the main building is no longer a square, it will be a similar shape as the triangular base.

The base will only have one retail unit and is unchanged in the plans that I saw.

Thanks for the heads-up! This sounds like it could be very attention-getting. Looking forward to renders.

Project will be finalized and VIP sales will be in September after E Condo sales wrap up.

10 units per floor. 8 elevators in total - 4 high rise, 4 low rise.

The largest unit "protrudes out of the building and will have a view of south west and north. It's 900 sw ft.
The smallest unit is a bachelor unit at 488 sq ft.

Each floor will have 5 x 1bdrm units, 1 bachelor, 2 x 3bdrm, 1 x 1+den, and the 2+ den large "protruding" unit on the west side.

Tridel is emphasizing this will be one of the iconic buildings of the Toronto skyline. I'm so exited for it.

Thanks for the update! I wasn't a huge fan of the last design, so hopefully this one is a big improvement. Tridel's architects have to get this one exactly right. Otherwise, it will be a major eyesore on the skyline at that height.

given that description, I decided to make a model of what it could look like..

3.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

The description made me almost think of the Bjarke Engels project in Vancouver

bigbigbig.jpg

That render looks amazing. wasn't going to post this, but I snapped a picture of a floor plan when no one was looking.
i'm only posting it to help with your render.

as for the outside cladding. it has not been finalized yet, so i'm not sure what it will look like.

enjoy!

http://postimage.org/image/57f93oqyx/

Last edited:
That render looks amazing. wasn't going to post this, but I snapped a picture of a floor plan when no one was looking.

Holy @%&$. That west-facing 2BDR+D/3BDR on the left side of the image would be incredible to live in. Balcony on each side of the building, going to be pricey I'm sure.

as for the outside cladding. it has not been finalized yet, so i'm not sure what it will look like.

enjoy!

http://postimage.org/image/57f93oqyx/

thanks! and can you tell me what parts of the tower shrink/curve? do the floorplates it get smaller and then bigger again like my render? I am just trying to create as accurate as possible of a "render"!

thanks! and can you tell me what parts of the tower shrink/curve? do the floorplates it get smaller and then bigger again like my render? I am just trying to create as accurate as possible of a "render"!

Hey innsert, I was only told what the building will look like and saw a bunch of floor plans for floors, but no renders of the actual building. From the floor plans, I remember all the suites getting smaller in the middle of the building, but only slightly. All the designs are still preliminary so this might not hold true in the final design. Sorry I cant be much more help.

As for the protruding unit, it's going to be sold for roughly 750k.

Back