Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

VTEQKKe.jpg

I sure wouldn't mind being wrong here, but I doubt it. Now that QQ is about to become a premier destination and with such little developable land left, it ought to be making its owners a real mint. And developing such a tight and awkward site might be costly.

I still say, get rid of it....bury it and throw a park overtop

Makes prefect financial sense too. I wonder why it hasn't happened.

The garage has/had long term lease agreements with surrounding buildings. Long time ago, worked in an office at the Terminal. Waterclub is awfully close to it too. Minimum tower distances may make redevelopment difficult. The value may be considerable less because of it. I don't see it going anytime soon.

Last edited:
Based on how its ramping works, the east third of the garage could be closed, torn down, and replaced with an underground garage if need be before the western two thirds are redeveloped. The best chance I see for a new tower is one placed in the gap between the west and middle Waterclub towers with a podium facing Lower Simcoe. The podium could have a number of uses in it, who knows… but I would not hold my breath for a park/school combo. This kind of redevelopment costs significant money, and whatever might replace the garage is still going to have to work economically. The site will have a much better frontage on Lake Shore once the Gardiner off-ramp is gone in a couple of years, and at that point the ugliness of the current garage will be all the more apparent. Here's hoping that we will get redevelopment there, and a good building at that.

From Tridel

1-tridel.jpg
2-tridel.jpg
3-tridel.jpg
4-tridel.jpg

Attachments

• 1-tridel.jpg
    1-tridel.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3,229
  • 2-tridel.jpg
    2-tridel.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 3,247