Ten York Street Condos | 224m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Canadian Chocho

Member Bio
Reaction score
'Crenelated,' if you want to get technical...
Pretty sure battlement refers to both the merlons (parapets) and crenelations (spaces in between) together so I guess it would be just as technical.

Edit: In hindsight you are correct given that we aren't talking about a real fortified wall.

neuhaus

Member Bio
Reaction score
Stuck in rush hour traffic on Lake Shore, so I took a quick photo (discretely).
That prow on the podium is so close to the street and going to be so prominent from the eastbound lanes -- it will be very striking at night.

10york.JPG

Attachments

Irishmonk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Every time I see an overhead shot of this, the Imperial Theme plays in my head.
Or Holst's "The Planets--Mars". There's just such an urban badass majesty to this project and it's environs. I can only hope the finished product even remotely lives up to its potential (and of course it won't, but for another year we can at least dream)

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
That prow on the podium is so close to the street and going to be so prominent from the eastbound lanes -- it will be very striking at night.
It will be great to look at but I'm not sure I'd want to live in a "prow" unit. A lot of wasted space there that you can't do much with.

neuhaus

Member Bio
Reaction score
Luckily there are no residential units in the podium. I would hate living next to or under the Gardiner. I know someone who lived at the same level as the Gardiner, facing on-coming traffic -- it's a bit terrifying at night.

On the other hand I love the four units at the pointy end of the podium at Pure Spirit (Distillery District). Those are huge 2BR units (almost 1,200 sq.ft.) so there is plenty of room to afford such a uniquely shaped space, and the views are more pleasant.