Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Yesterday.

tenyork_1800.jpg

Attachments

• tenyork_1800.jpg
    tenyork_1800.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 576
Nice layering, so it's not table-top style like the Entertainment District. But 10 York is ultimately forgettable filler.

It's actually very close to being just that (ICE, Harbour Plaza, and this are roughly in the same height ball park). But thankfully, there is enough breathing room between them and in the surrounding area - unlike the ones proposed and u/c in the Entertainment District.
It is also nice that there are some sizeable office buildings going up nearby that will create some nice contrast between the distinct slenderness of these residential towers.
For the record, I do like all three of these projects on their own, in no particular order, but I don't think they compliment each other well on the skyline.

I find the vertical fins quite dramatic but am a bit dissapointed with the east side. Wasn't the podium supposed to angled glass rather than flat? I will wait until the top is done to comment upon that. Overall It's quite fabulous filler if one can call it that ;-)

It kills me Ten York from the lake covers Ice2, just barely. Ten York should have owned it and went way taller than Ice2. Ice is a better looking building with one of the coolest roofs in town - one that deserves a permanent spot in that postcard view of the skyline.

I also find it funny that Tridel has no exterior building renders anymore - no reference to the roof design at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand what do you mean exactly,, but there is a revolving door in the lobby that serves both the tenants and guests.

Last edited:

Back