Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Somewhat difficult to gain a vantage point in order to view the progress, but hopefully Tridel will elevate their webcam.

Work earlier today:

DSC08478.jpg
DSC08479.jpg
DSC08480.jpg
DSC08481.jpg

Attachments

• DSC08478.jpg
    DSC08478.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 1,789
  • DSC08479.jpg
    DSC08479.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 1,793
  • DSC08480.jpg
    DSC08480.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 1,766
  • DSC08481.jpg
    DSC08481.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 1,815
The front lobby should look grand and the pointy west-end should be head-turning like Pure Spirit at the Distillery. This will be a Tridel masterpiece.

The front lobby should look grand and the pointy west-end should be head-turning like Pure Spirit at the Distillery. This will be a Tridel masterpiece.

I wouldn't go so far as masterpiece. Need to see the exterior finishes first, but definitely looks positive so far.

My concern is what it looks like from the lake. It will have a huge presence in postcard shots and it will look relatively cold and lifeless.

My concern is what it looks like from the lake. It will have a huge presence in postcard shots and it will look relatively cold and lifeless.
The once would-be iconic view of the Royal York, Bank cluster, Skydome & so forth has already been obscured by countless generic towers. This one will probably fit right in with the rest. It'd be nice to have some new bold, stand-out buildings visible from the lake.

It's a tragedy that this will be blocking ICE when viewed from the islands.

Pretty sure just Centre. I think it would still be visible from Ward's and Hanlan's

A masterpiece for Tridel, is what I meant. It shouldn't be a spandrel mess.

Take a look at the physical model of the project. It most certainly will have extensive spandrel panels (and needs to, given regulations and the extent of window wall on the project.) Don't get your hopes up too much.

A lot of people think that spandrel only means back painted glass with thick mullions framing it. That's what I think NBGtect is referring to when he says this one shouldn't be a spandrel mess.

In this case, yes there are spandrels, but they are all aluminum panels, no mullions. This building should look clean.

The once would-be iconic view of the Royal York, Bank cluster, Skydome & so forth has already been obscured by countless generic towers. This one will probably fit right in with the rest. It'd be nice to have some new bold, stand-out buildings visible from the lake.

It's unfortunate that even though Toronto's skyline has filled out immensely in the last 20 odd years, it actually looks worse than before.

Back