Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Only the podium

urbantoronto-4034-21198.jpg

I was also under the impression that it was sorta wedge/ keystone shaped rather than rectangular, but I agree it would be nice if it came to a triangular point facing west.

I prefer the somewhat wedge shaped floor plan to the hypothetical triangle. Among other things, it makes the western units on each floor more useable internally than would a triangle. The triangle may be striking when viewed from a distance, but imagine placing your furniture in a triangular room. The western side of a wedge would be more liveable, IMO.

This is a Tridel development, so don'trtil we see ho rns out.
I would like to know why you think this project is going to suck! At least it's not another box like structure going up. The keystone look is real awsume. I hope they don't use blue for the curtain walls.

I would like to know why you think this project is going to suck! At least it's not another box like structure going up. The keystone look is real awsume. I hope they don't use blue for the curtain walls.

Nothing wrong with a box, and you answered your question there with the post you quoted, as, architecturally speaking, Tridel's record is not a particularly impressive one.

A lot of people in ICE will now have a lovely view of the broadside view of this building, moreover that great view from the lake and islands of those two dramatic Ice towers will soon be blocked by this one. But maybe tridel will come through and dazzle..?

My godo_O, so negative

It's not "negative", it's calling a spade a spade given how that previous project turned out. Don't want negativity? Stop selling a project as iconic (see below) if you don't want to be judged by said standards:

Every so often a building captivates the imagination of a nation. A truly iconic condo building that becomes a defining pinnacle of greatness
An architectural marvel, this statuesque beauty soars dramatically up from a triangular-shaped wedge alongside Toronto’s major city artery.

Honestly, did they use the UPX speechwriters?

AoD

Last edited:

Back