News   Apr 19, 2024
 243     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 920     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.5K     2 

Supertall and near-Supertall Rumour/Speculation Thread

from a "fitting in" perspective. i can really see a supertall building in the blocks bounded by Richmond, University, King, and York. there are a few short buildings in those blocks that could be demolished to make way for a sleek supertall tower.

and i think if we ever do see a supertall in the CBD, it will have a much smaller footprint than any of the other MINT towers, there;s just not the space to accommodative it. i don't think anything east of York until yonge is a go just because of major shadow concerns on NPS.

if not, then the east side of yonge in the CBD for sure.

Based on the talk going on over at SSP in this thread (frontage on Yonge St. and the demolition of two existing structures) http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=195995&page=3 I'm guessing that the rumoured supertall would replace the buildings at the corner of Yonge and Adelaide W.

lol... funny cause i actually left a gap there in my model.. when building it i thought it would most likely be redeveloped in the near future.. i also left a gap in the bay adelaide block facing yonge, i know a super tall won't go there because it is way too close to BA2, but maybe a shorter building one day,

From Richmond-Adelaide III thread:

Here's a new video of the building. Notice on the page it states, "Up to 1,000,000 sq. ft. of high-performance LEED Platinum CS space available." I assume this is the LEED Platinum tower that has been talked about recently?

http://www.oxfordbigblocks.com/build...g=100-adelaide

So if Oxford is the one with the LEED Platinum tower that osmo is talking about, where could Oxford be looking to build a supertall? On the Cumberland Terrace site?

From Bisonblight at SSC: I overheard this in passing and didn't get a chance to ask the gentlemen I heard it from, but there is a proposal for a 75 storey building for the site of the LCBO headquarters at 55 Lakeshore Blvd. East. The two gentlemen would know what they are talking about.

From Marcanadian at SSC: Do you know if that includes that massive parking lot, or just the footprint of the current building?

From Bisonblight at SSC: I have no idea. I was at a presentation, and someone mentioned the sale of the LCBO headquarters, and the two gentlemen responded that it was a done deal (they had just come from a meeting relating to it) and that there was a 75 storey proposal for it. That's how I understood the exchange anyway.

Last edited:
my uncle works at nintendo and he said they are building a 69 storey tower at 420 bay, hope this helped

Psst... I think he's joking.

The trollface strikes back!:

6b4.jpg

Holy Mackerel, could this be the big one....someone please fill in the blanks
From city planning today, Development Projects

50 BLOOR ST W
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District
Related Applications
OPA / Rezoning
Application Number 12 141351 STE 27 OZ Application Status ---
Planner Name
Phone Number --- Status Date ---