Sunday School Lofts (Grid Developments) -Real Estate-

Is it being held at the church? If so, I'd love to see some pictures of the interior as it stands. I grew up around the corner and regretfully never looked inside.

It is. I'll try to remember to take a camera. From what I understand, they have cleaned out the junk and built a show suite, but done little else to this point, so we might get lucky and it'll still have a church's soaring interior at this point.

Sorry, MJL, but I went to the open house w/o camera. Rainy day and grabbed umbrellas and forgot camera. Wouldn't have made much of a difference, as the showroom/faux apartment and the huge crowd would have made it impossible to take any shots.

A bit of a feeding frenzy, and if their floor plans' dots were even close to truthful, they'll be sold out except for the half-dozen that were held back. Curiously, only the units with the most heritage glass were not spoken for, probably because they had no balconies.

In order to shoehorn in a fourth floor, they have 8 suites in the basement with walkouts to below grade patios, and one of the units will have a porch/patio made from the original front door/stairwell (on the right of the drawing). Not really too conducive to private relaxation, but OTOH if you're a stoop-sitter who likes to watch the passers-by, BIGGEST STOOP EVER!

The penthouses have a single room (w/wet bar) and terrasse on the roof. Quite lovely, with three of the units tipping well over $1M. Lots of others with good size, too (only 1 or 2 one bdrm) but many of the units' 2nd or 3rd bedroom are really den/TV rooms as they have sliding glass doors off of the kitchen.

I expect they sold out all the units they had on offer yesterday, and will have a long waiting list. Good for them -- this'll be a nice addition to the 'nabe.

Last edited:
Checked in on the weekend, and due to the frenzy they've had a couple returned during the 10-day cool-off, but the saleswomen said that they've been working down the waiting list and have most/all re-sold.

In one instance, a couple was doing paperwork for one unit when the depositor on another came in with their cancellation. The couple signing papers changed their deposit to the newly available unit -- a zero second re-sell!

Back