Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I'm glad the Second City found a new home, but it'd be such a change from the previous Second City locations, being in a shiny new office tower, instead of slightly dank commercial buildings. The location in Chicago's Old Town is perfect for its vibe, in an area with a lot of bars and restaurants. I guess they're going to get more in-house food purchases now, though.

Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+3.59.55+PM.png
Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.00.11+PM.png
Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.00.20+PM.png
Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.00.53+PM.png
Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.01.02+PM.png
Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.02.16+PM.png

So they're not going to punch through the 3rd floor from Dollarama/HealthOne. We're going to have two "separate" 3rd floors.

That's going to be fun. People already get lost with 3rd and 5th. Now we'll have two 3rds and a 5th, all with different elevators and escalators.

Screen+Shot+2019-11-25+at+4.01.12+PM.png

Last edited:
So they're not going to punch through the 3rd floor from Dollarama/HealthOne. We're going to have two "separate" 3rd floors.

That's going to be fun. People already get lost with 3rd and 5th. Now we'll have two 3rds and a 5th, all with different elevators and escalators.

View attachment 217254
I don't mind it - Just think of the food court and Second City being 2nd floor stores with a vertical interior circulation element.

It's all a result of Target pulling out though of course, the Third floor was designed to all be a single tenant.

I don't mind it - Just think of the food court and Second City being 2nd floor stores with a vertical interior circulation element.

It's all a result of Target pulling out though of course, the Third floor was designed to all be a single tenant.
Which Ikea could have filled but chose not to at the time, and now of course they're looking for a space downtown after the perfect location already passed them by.

I've been through this building many times since the announcement that The Second City was going to be moving here, but had yet to notice any movement on it at all. Afterall, their old building is gone now, yet it's still their address on their website. This was planned to be opened at the end of last year too.

So I went to check if the permits were filed, and it seems they've been cancelled? Are they deciding on somewhere else or is the company having some troubles... or am I misinterpreting what this means?

I've seen no announcements or anything so I hope maybe someone has some inside information to confirm anything.

1618675576400.png

Back