News   Mar 28, 2024
 247     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 629     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 375     0 

Submission 7: andomano - "rail trestle"

How would you rate Submission 7 out of ten?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.3%

Votes: 11 12.8%

Votes: 7 8.1%

Votes: 11 12.8%

Votes: 16 18.6%

Votes: 8 9.3%

Votes: 5 5.8%

Votes: 26 30.2%

• Total voters

3Dementia

Member Bio
Reaction score
Designer: andomano

Bridge Type: not identified

Project Description: see below

Poll: attached

DESCRIPTION
This bridge essentially celebrates what it is that it is crossing; railroad tracks. It features large logs or painted concrete as a support structure which can closely resemble rail ties. Creating the two rails, we have two pathways that can be divided up into pedestrian and cyclist usage or to be used as one way travel. These paths would be comprised of asphalt, or a concrete base, glass walls and a roof, much like that of Skypath. For safety concerns, the 'ties' would need to be built a little ways away from the path entrances to deter climbing or general hooliganism.
Sorry for the crudeness... I have not yet learned the ways of graphic design!

IMAGES
andomano.jpg

3D: An interesting design...

3D: This may be a very interesting design for this spot-I do not know how to use computer graphics myself but your pic clearly gets the point across.
LI MIKE

Thanks LI. I think that the design is quite unique and really lacks its true potential since I used paint. It's hard to say this crappy drawing I did even competes with wylie's beautiful 3D renderings unfortunately.

Last edited:
Hi there

I would first like to say, the concept is fitting and works. With that said I feel that the graphic work so far is unresolved and for a proper critique the work is too vague. I believe that the idea you have for this bridge looks much better in your mind than it does on paper so far. I would like to see maybe a hand sketch of the bridge or something that is more resolved. It's a great concept but I need to see more of a graphic resolution.

Keep working, the concept does have potential.

Question for designer: can you hand draw? If you can, I'd love to see a scanned drawing of your idea. Computers are only good to you if you have lots of experience designing with them.

The deck of the bridge is a good concept and the support pier seems fitting as well. Some architects use hand drawing, some simple models to show an idea, some use sketches, some diagrams, and some computer aided rendering.
These are some simple suggestions coming from a short background in architecture. I was told early on, "show what you know, use the media that makes your ideas speak".

It's never pointless! Hurry, you still got 4 days. :)

I think that the winner of this competition should be based on the heart of the submission, not the level of professional drawings. Once the winner is announced, perhaps UT should work with our membership to leverage their strengths and put up a design we'd be proud to submit to the media.

Hey, maybe you'll see your design turned into a CAD file.

Last edited:
This one's for you Tyler, I did a pencil sketch quickly over my lunch, and yes there is a slight scale issue.
picture.php

Maybe one of the mods could ad this with the original submission?

Last edited:
I like it, it is a similar theme to what I had in mind had I created a proposal. Although I agree it needs to be fleshed out a bit more.

This is and interesting idea. I really like the resemblance with rail ties. It is absolutely clear and understandable to me even without some extremely sophisticated computer graphic.

Back