News   Jul 15, 2024
 332     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.8K     1 

Strange Subway Car

somody

Member Bio
Reaction score
I took the subway a few hours ago (at 11 PM), southbound from Glencairn. I boarded the train and noticed something was weird. I've never seen a train like this before. Can someone tell me what's up?

• CAR# 5796
  • HAD YELLOW TAPE AROUND THE FRONT WINDOW
  • HAD NO ADVERTISEMENTS ON THE WALLS (JUST ABOVE)
  • HAD RANDOM BOXES IN LIEU OF THE ADS
  • HAD A GAP BETWEEN THE GLASS PARTITION AND THE END OF THE DOORWAY

I was on that subway car about 2 weeks ago. It took me a second to step back and realize what the hell I was riding.

I got on this (or a similar) car at Yonge going southbound. Like everyone else, it took me afew seconds to figure out where the hell I was...

I wasn't familiar with with subway car, there was a post about it on this forum 3 days ago, and yesterday I found myself on it for the first time.

Funny how things work out like that.

Probably a sign you spend too much time on the subway if you start noticing things like this - I can't tell the difference! Mind you, occasionally I'm sitting on a CLRV, and things just look odd, until I realise that I'm on one of the Swiss-built prototypes.

Those Swiss-built prototypes seem Swiss-run in their timing sometimes as they are on the same routes everyday and their timing day-by-day is often to the minute. Well, when the TTC is working right that is.

Back