Toronto Rush Condos | 44.96m | 15s | Alterra | BDP Quadrangle

Bottom half is OK (and could be much better than OK if the brick is executed well). Top half is an utterly forgettable mess of window wall and randomly placed balconies.

New sign on site. Also an upcoming community meeting:

IMG_9448[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9448[1].JPG
    IMG_9448[1].JPG
    334 KB · Views: 1,129
Named for the lane in behind, a.k.a. Graffiti Alley. I hear the building design is supposed to take that into account, so I assume that the north and west walls will be covered with it soon enough (and maybe they'll even commission the first coat?).

It could have been a lot better, but it does look cool, compared to usual stuff. And given Alterra does decent work I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that it'll come out just as nice if not nicer when finished.

the project is really going to come down to the brick detailing.

It sure as hell is going to be a vast improvement over that Tridel dreck across the street.
I think you are 100% right, how the materiality comes out is hugely dependent on the detail, which is why I'm hopeful in this case because alterra does quality work, and conversely not so optimistic in a case liek centrecourt showing masonry.

The sales centre for this project will be on Queen, just west of Augusta, where Brown's used to be. From the outside it looks close to opening soon.

Back