News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.8K     3 

Ste-Agathe-des-Monts, QC

doady

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ste-Agathe is a small town north of Quebec, near Mont-Tremblant.

original.jpg

original.jpg

The former train station, now a rest stop for cyclists in the former rail corridor
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Lupines
original.jpg

original.jpg

The former rail corridor
original.jpg

original.jpg

Uh oh, someone call the language police! :rolleyes:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Some sort of car festival on Rue St-Vincent
original.jpg

St-Vincent is a one-way street. Yes, like Ste-Catherine and many other streets in Montreal, it is a one-way street and it is not dead. Take that Hamilton.
original.jpg

Cars are boring, but it was good opportunity for someone with "slanty eyes" to take photos of people without risk of being called a paedophile or a terrorist.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Caterpillar nest... I think...
original.jpg

original.jpg

The rail corridor does not have steep slopes, which makes cycling easy.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Great pics. What are the people like? Is it a big issue if you don't speak French?

^ I have family in Ste-Agathe, so I was just staying there.

Great pics. What are the people like? Is it a big issue if you don't speak French?

The people there are great. Like all Quebeckers some people are extremely rude if you can't speak French (even though they know English), but overall people are extremely polite. Actually in my personal experience the the biggest jerks in Ste-Agathe were the anglophones from Montreal.

But still this is a French-speaking part of Quebec so it is best to know French. 15 min south of Ste-Agathe you will find St-Sauveur and there are a lot of English speaking people there since it is a tourist resort town. Ste-Agathe is more like "real" town, if you get my meaning, which why I like it more than St-Sauveur. St-Sauveur is much better than Mont-Tremblant, which isn't even a real town at all, so don't see the attraction.

BTW, Ste-Agathe is actually located north of Montreal, not Quebec as I indicated in the original post.

Back