News   Apr 23, 2024
 54     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 828     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 284     0 

Star of Downtown Condos ((Willowfield, Norstar) - Real Estate -

I feel so excited with that pic, I didnt know they are going so fast...but I dont like the idea of having to move in January, under snow...

Hi Libra

What floor and models did you choose? I am curious because they gave me a November move in date.

Yes

Won't they charge you rent until the building is finished, if you do?

The contract stated they will charge rent, but it didn't list how much it will cost. I am curious if there is some formula for the amount owed in rent until the building is full enough for the mortgage to kick in.

We're going to probably have to sublet somewhere when our permanent residency is finalized. Hopefully in a couple months.

There is a formula for how much they charge you rent. It is as follows:

(maintance fee rate x square footage) + (standard mortgage interest rate X 75% of purchase price). So, basically you are paying the maintanace fees plus the interest portion of a 75% mortgage. Rent therefore, is just slightly less than what you would pay once you own the unit. No property taxes are charged. You likely wont get a property tax bill for another 2 years or so after you move in.

If the building isn't finished, why should anyone have to pay for the maintenance that isn't being done on it?

Because there is maintenance being done. You can live in the unit even though you don't own it yet. People were living in the first 10 floors of ROCP while the crane was still on the building working away. Those 10 floors were being maintained. Hence the monthly payments. You owned your unit once ROCP was fully finished and registered.

This forum is great

There is a formula for how much they charge you rent. It is as follows:

(maintance fee rate x square footage) + (standard mortgage interest rate X 75% of purchase price). So, basically you are paying the maintanace fees plus the interest portion of a 75% mortgage. Rent therefore, is just slightly less than what you would pay once you own the unit. No property taxes are charged. You likely wont get a property tax bill for another 2 years or so after you move in.

That was very helpful Jdot. Thanks for the information. I am going to figure it out once I get home to look at the rate.

Progress

Can someome peak over at the project an let me know what floor they are on? Gracias!

Star of Downtown Sales Pitch

Hi all. I'm a realtor who works downtown and I just thought I'd pass this along.

Today a new listing was launched on the MLS for one of the Townsuites at the SODT. $285K for a 2 bedroom 2 bath with private terrace, includes parking and locker. I was surprised to see the prices are still so low. Certainly nothing in the area, perhaps the entire downtown, can compare to this on a price basis.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along. If anyone is interested in knowing more you can email me at alafleur AT gmail DOT com.

cheers!

Back