News   Mar 28, 2024
 248     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 319     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 682     0 

Stand Up Shower Stall or Tub Shower Bathroom ?

Stand Up Shower Stall Bathroom or TUB Shower Bathroom

• Stand Up Shower Stall Bathroom

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • TUB Shower Bathroom

Votes: 30 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ever consider changing the entrance to the main bathroom to the east side wall in the picture and moving the door to the bedroom further up to create
the illusion that it's larger or would it make your foyer look smaller? Nice work
with the bath/laundry!

Not a bad idea, I'd never thought of that. The only downside is guests looking into a bathroom as they take off their shoes and coats.

Well, you wouldn't exactly leave the door wide open. Plus, the majority
of homes tend to have their main bathroom near the entrance. Just a thought.

I haven't been to Europe in a while, but from my memories of Poland, there was always bathtubs, not shower stalls, and they had a shower head thing, but half the time there was no curtain, which was rather ridiculous in my view.

I am surprised anyone would want to forgo a bathtub completely. Are there any women here? Most women I know love the occasional bath. A tub and separate shower stall would be ideal for any place, but if it's a choice of one or the other I'd definitely go with the bath. I think it would be much easier to sell a place with a bathtub than one with only a shower. You risk turning off a lot of potential buyers if there was only a shower, as bathtubs are de rigeur here in North America. As for the popularity of shower stalls in Europe, I suspect this has more to do with the cost of water and space than anything else. We're spoiled rotten here.

Hey, I like that 2 shower head idea. My gf and I take turns freezing our butts off when we shower together.

My loft came with a tub in the main bathroom but it was small so I outfitted it with a shower stall instead giving more room in the bathroom. The guest bathroom had a shower. I removed it completely for a roomier space.

I like a good soak every now and then, so I took advantage of my large bedroom area and added a raised tiled platform (2 steps up) with a jacuzzi style tub.

I like washroom styles like this. Too bad they don't have it here. A shower and tub so you can use either.

t0220036702400400102065.jpg

I like washroom styles like this. Too bad they don't have it here. A shower and tub so you can use either.

This is similar to the Japanese style. A separate, water-tight room with a shower and a tub. Lots of fancy features available too. Some will keep your bath water at a constant temperature, some have a ceiling vent that will either fill the room with steam or with a dry heat so that you can hang your wet clothes and turn the whole room into a clothes drier. Also, with one push of a button you can turn the water heater on and off to save electricity.

Conversation I had with my girlfriend after she prevented me from getting into the tub without showering first:

"So I'm supposed to have a shower.... before I can get in the tub?"
"Yes. How else would you wash all of the dirt off?"
"In the tub with soap and a cloth."
"Well that's just stupid."

t0220036702400400102065.jpg

The Alexus condos (Alexander & Church) had that style in most of the ensuite bathrooms.

Shower stalls

I was wondering if anyone knew the shower stall dimensions per code for condo units.
I purchased a unit and recently saw the shower (which we changed from a tub since we have 2 baths) and it is so
narrow that I touch the glass and wall when hands are up by my head (like if washing hair).
Any info would be helpful.
thanks,

Back