Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

The view from the balcony at Trump is incredible. It's different from any of the other views mentioned on the previous page because you are right among the bank towers, not viewing the whole ensemble from a distance. There's a real power from being in the thick of things, so whether you think it's the best view or not is pretty immaterial in the end. Have a meal here and I guarantee you'll agree this is a very special spot, and that there is nothing else like it.

For a city with so many buildings with great views, from up high, or right on the water for example, it's sad that we have so few spots that take advantage of the setting. These tables are going to become famous as word spreads of this welcome addition to the drama in this town.

I just spent $99,000 dollars on a mattress... I don't want a local reporter crawling all over it and stankin' it up. Why would the Hazelton allow her to get on the bed? I hope that was another bed in another room, filling in for the expensive one.

Love the Trump interiors. The man himself may be all nouveau-riche but his hotel interiors are sophisticated luxury.

Last edited:
*It is a term that implies his demeanor and behaviour, not his actual status. However, son of money is still nouveau to all us old-money folk who use the expression.

;)

Last edited:
Sept 11:

lFC5Y.jpg

Fantastic picture someMidTowner. That's one of my favourite spots. Even though they are packed in tight, the clean uniformity of the modernist BAC works well right next to the eclectic Trump. A great looking bunch of buildings. The magnificent PoMo Scotia Plaza is going to be very hard to beat however.

I see they still haven't fix the tower lighting since I last saw it 3 month ago at night.

The top has duel rows and goes to single row a few floors below the dome, but nothing for the rest of it other than one area that a few floors above grade poorly lighted.

I see they still haven't fix the tower lighting since I last saw it 3 month ago at night.

The top has duel rows and goes to single row a few floors below the dome, but nothing for the rest of it other than one area that a few floors above grade poorly lighted.

The lights have been dimmed somewhat this week. The Michael Snow designed pieces are supposed to start in September, so hopefully soon.

I usually avert my eyes when I walk past this place, but this morning I happened to glance up as I made my way along Adelaide Street, and noticed how shoddy the finishing is on the metal canopy over the entrance that bears the name of the joint, and how small panels of cladding are still missing on this north wall, and how similarly clumsy the finishing of the upper metal canopy that skirts the tower is.

Back