Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

mmmmm...... additional floors...if its not just a miniscule rumour i might just go ahead and pee my pants :D that would be awesome if there were more, i talked to a construction worker and he said 61. but i'm not sure if this is accurate

A while ago somewhere on this thread they were talking 62 floors, so now at 60-61 its getting shorter..

TVO showed a doc called "the Green Apple" which has a building that made me think of Trump TO:
4TimesSquare-002.jpg

4 Times Square

BTW, they were talking about 'green' technologies and not architectural merit. Hopefully Trump looks better than this. But I'm still holding my opinion until after Snow's installation is installed.

TVO showed a doc called "the Green Apple" which has a building that made me think of Trump TO:
4 Times Square
BTW, they were talking about 'green' technologies and not architectural merit. Hopefully Trump looks better than this. But I'm still holding my opinion until after Snow's installation is installed.

Come on, its already looking a lot better than that... im starting to believe that us Torontonians are a bunch of spoiled brats.

4 Times Square isn't that bad. And remember: it's meant to relate to the visual cacophany of Times Square...

and actually the "Green Apple" episode of the e2 series is mostly about the Bank of America / 1 Bryant Park building which is a (more beautiful) neighbour to 4 Times Square.

Come on, its already looking a lot better than that... im starting to believe that us Torontonians are a bunch of spoiled brats.
That's an odd statement. How do you mean 'spoiled brats' and in in what context? Do you mean Torontonians are spoiled with architectural excellence? And if so, compared to what cities?

and actually the "Green Apple" episode of the e2 series is mostly about the Bank of America / 1 Bryant Park building which is a (more beautiful) neighbour to 4 Times Square.
The episode I saw seemed to say quite a bit about 4 Times Square. Something about it being one of the first buildings in NY to take a green approach, that it was a template for the Bank of America building and they let the developer talk quite a bit about the philosophy behind the building. But I'm not sure it's important if the show focused on the building or not. I just happened to see an existing building that looked like the Trump design, I wasn't too impressed and I thought I'd share.

That's an odd statement. How do you mean 'spoiled brats' and in in what context? Do you mean Torontonians are spoiled with architectural excellence? And if so, compared to what cities?

I assume he means in terms of quantity. But that doesn't always mean quality... folks.

I assume he means in terms of quantity. But that doesn't always mean quality... folks.

Quanity and Design of lately....look around at what has been built and going up, RBC, Ritz, Ice, L-Tower, Trump, Absolute, Aura, Shangri-La, Four Seasons, i could go on and on, in most world cities people would rave about these projects, but unfortunely here in the big smoke they criticize about everything, dont get it.:confused:

What a remarkable change down that corridor in just a couple of years. In a year it will be barely recognizable from what it was three years prior. Simply amazing for a large N. American city in this day and age.

it's gonna be amazing to see trump + Shangri-la finished... shangri-la will make FCP seem less dominant from this angle.
i wonder what the whole area would look like had sapphire tower been built.... sapphire was HUGE!

there's still tons of low-rise areas in downtown that can be further built up. you can see this slowly happening in the entertainment district with the recent Ritz, RBC, Festival, 300front, cinema condos, boutique, etc....
yonge street is still very low-rise in between college and south of bloor

Back