Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

At this rate, my guess is that Trump will top out sometime at the end March, if not a bit sooner. I know that it's supposedly 925' high, but with only 20 floors to go, is it going to be much higher than BA without the spire?

is it going to be much higher than BA without the spire?

60-70 feet higher.
Not including the quarter-half-onion dome thingie, which is really more part of the spire structure then the roof, but is apparently strangely counted as part of the roof.

60-70 feet higher.
Not including the quarter-half-onion dome thingie, which is really more part of the spire structure then the roof, but is apparently strangely counted as part of the roof.

Isnt the dome thingy part of the 60th floor penthouse..i believe it will be livable space and should be counted to the height of the structure, not sure about the spire.

The south-facing KPMG sign will be (literally) right in someone's face on the highest north-facing units of Trump...See Current's photos from Oct. 29.
I wonder if they'll have to compromise with the lighting level..perhaps turn that sign off after 11:00 pm or something? Anyone know?
I know I wouldn't want it right across from my bedroom.

Last edited:
The south-facing KPMG sign will be (literally) right in someone's face on the highest north-facing units of Trump...See Current's photos from Oct. 29.
I wonder if they'll have to compromise with the lighting level..perhaps turn that sign off after 11:00 pm or something? Anyone know?
I know I wouldn't want it right across from my bedroom.

i'd just close the curtains, i think its a small price to pay for the luxury your getting if buying any unit in trump

Last edited:
it'd be just like the Kenny Roger's Roasters episode of Seinfeld!

[video=youtube;q40fKsRsHFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q40fKsRsHFU[/video]

At this rate, my guess is that Trump will top out sometime at the end March, if not a bit sooner. I know that it's supposedly 925' high, but with only 20 floors to go, is it going to be much higher than BA without the spire?

Not so sure... at the 4 floor a month rate, it residential floors should top out in about 5 months. But the last few floors (including mechanical roof) will take a few months at least... Maybe 7-9 months before complete top off (spire included).

EDIT:

WTF happened to the weather wall???????????????? It definitely doesn't read "TRUMP TORONTO" anymore...

Last edited:
Yep. I've been dreading this and looking forward to it all at the same time. That means they've passed floor 35 (where the building changes shape just a bit). Just a fun situation where panel 22 goes to the North side, panel 25 becomes panel 22, panel 24 becomes 23, 23 becomes 25, etc, etc. Hoping to see it rectified soon graphically.

Toto, from the diagrams I have seen over at Skyscraperpage.com, it appears that the flat topped roof of Trump will reach about 240 metres, give or take. This is roughly in line with the height of Commerce Court West. The top of the onion dome is to reach about 260 metres, or roughly the tip of the TD Canada Trust Tower at Brookfield Place. The spire will then rise to the final height of 282 metres.

All of this is completely speculative, as different diagrams have been drawn with different proportions. The new renderings are very misleading as well, seeing how construction appears to be more in line with the older, green rendering. Also note how the floor count on the thread says "60ish". There have been rumblings about additonal floors being added, although I am not completely sure of the status this development. I think it's safe to say however, that we'll have to wait until the end of construction regarding the details of Trump's final height.

Sorry, boys, but I really like the east elevation of Trump with its Chicago-style windows and no-nonsense granite cladding. Just thought I'd go on record and say so. Yay! 1,000th post.

I was concerned with a vast amount of monotonous granite cladding being like a big girl's dress looking like a bed sheet with too much material but this seems to be looking better as the tower spreads out vertically. The fact that each floor is broken down with horizontal lines appears to be helping.

trumptoronto, I'm not sure if you've answered our worry about the blocked out "fake windows". Will these be filled in or left as is? Thanks for keeping us skyscraper geeks fed with info.

Toto, from the diagrams I have seen over at Skyscraperpage.com, it appears that the flat topped roof of Trump will reach about 240 metres, give or take. This is roughly in line with the height of Commerce Court West. The top of the onion dome is to reach about 260 metres, or roughly the tip of the TD Canada Trust Tower at Brookfield Place. The spire will then rise to the final height of 282 metres.

All of this is completely speculative, as different diagrams have been drawn with different proportions. The new renderings are very misleading as well, seeing how construction appears to be more in line with the older, green rendering. Also note how the floor count on the thread says "60ish". There have been rumblings about additonal floors being added, although I am not completely sure of the status this development. I think it's safe to say however, that we'll have to wait until the end of construction regarding the details of Trump's final height.

mmmmm...... additional floors...if its not just a miniscule rumour i might just go ahead and pee my pants :D that would be awesome if there were more, i talked to a construction worker and he said 61. but i'm not sure if this is accurate

mmmmm...... additional floors...if its not just a miniscule rumour i might just go ahead and pee my pants :D that would be awesome if there were more, i talked to a construction worker and he said 61. but i'm not sure if this is accurate

JoJo the Psychic told me it would be tall, blonde and beautiful with a very pointy hat.

Back