Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Yeah, but it has a tall, skinny spire pole on top, which somehow goes toward making the whole building taller.

that's the trick the chrysler building used to become the world's tallest back in the day. so it's an old trick but a good one

How is it a good one? Anyone who counts a thin antenna as part of a building's height is a complete idiot.

The buildings on the cover of Physical Graffiti should be classified as taller than the CN Tower.

It is classified as a taller building than the CN Tower because the CN Tower is not a building.

Under the traditional definition a building is a structure that has continuous occupancy. The CN Tower has no tenants.

What's so hard to understand?

It's amusing how annoyed people on these forums get at the spire counting as part of the height.

It counts. Get over it.

I've been wondering what the general roof height of the building will be. on ssp it claims to be 256.9 meters but with that it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for the whole spire, on the latest render it looks like the spire would take up like 50 meters of the height.

I've been wondering what the general roof height of the building will be. on ssp it claims to be 256.9 meters but with that it doesn't seem like there would be enough room for the whole spire, on the latest render it looks like the spire would take up like 50 meters of the height.

Welcome Kamuix.

Nice work over on SSP. Little OT but what's going on with your latest rendering of Trump? Looks psychedelc.

Don't know if this will help you... but this is the last elevation I stumbled across.

stubby.jpg

Stop the insanity! That rendering actually makes the project look somewhat good.

I don't like this building, do I? (searching deep inside...)

Back