Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Nobody is commenting on the Trump condo auction and the fact that the unit received a below minimum bid? What does this say about the reputation and value of a Trump Tower condo?

It says that there are too many units for sale in this building, without takers currently, as there are too many luxury penthouse-type units for sale all over Toronto right now.

For those still going on about condos being overbuilt here, it's only true as in regards to high-end luxury units, of which many remain unsold across the city.

Nobody is commenting on the Trump condo auction and the fact that the unit received a below minimum bid? What does this say about the reputation and value of a Trump Tower condo?

I think it says nothing about the value of a Trump Tower residential condo.

The auction was for a hotel condo unit not a residential condo unit. Two completely different animals. Investors have been burnt before on these hotel-condos - e.g. 1 King West.

Whatever the value of the hotel-condo's is - the fact remains that Trump International is ranked #1 as the TOP Hotel in Toronto according to TripAdvisor.com

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Rev...onal_Hotel_Tower_Toronto-Toronto_Ontario.html

It says that there are too many units for sale in this building, without takers currently, as there are too many luxury penthouse-type units for sale all over Toronto right now.

For those still going on about condos being overbuilt here, it's only true as in regards to high-end luxury units, of which many remain unsold across the city.

These are hotel units and not residential units.

Glad it stood out.

It's actually my understanding that residential units in Trump are either being rented or sold at a reasonable rate. I’m not entirely sure how accurate my source is but the units definitely show well.

^^^
Any data to support this?
I would think any purchaser of a condo unit would have to be extremely concerned about purchasing a condo here due to uncertainty over the contributions from the hotel portion towards common expenses.
Perhaps there are 2 condo corps within the building but unfortunately the woes of the condo hotel units would presumably have an adverse effect on the selling prices though not necessarily the rental rates of Trump.

As I have posted before, I am making lots of money out of my One King West unit so please don't lump us in with Trump, totally different set of economics. The views are way better as well.

As I have posted before, I am making lots of money out of my One King West unit so please don't lump us in with Trump, totally different set of economics. The views are way better as well.

civdis, if this comment was in response to mine, please understand I was trying to make a point about this particular condo hotel.
Would you buy a residential condo in Trump today knowing the issues presently facing Trump condo hotel?
I don't know that it won't turn out to be a good investment or at least reasonable investment in the long run as your One King West has turned out. I believe you have acknowledged reasonable cash flow but less stellar capital appreciation.
My issue was more would I today buy a luxury residential condo in Trump or perhaps choose another building...for me personally, I would probably choose another building...who needs the uncertainty?

^^^
Any data to support this?
I would think any purchaser of a condo unit would have to be extremely concerned about purchasing a condo here due to uncertainty over the contributions from the hotel portion towards common expenses.
Perhaps there are 2 condo corps within the building but unfortunately the woes of the condo hotel units would presumably have an adverse effect on the selling prices though not necessarily the rental rates of Trump.

Yes. There are in fact two different condominium corporations.

When are they gonna finish installing the 'P'? It still only says 'TRUM' on the north side.

It makes no sense as to why this hasn't been done yet. It would take no more than a few moments to line it up and install it into place. Truly a pathetic lack of pride and utter laziness.

Doubt it ... read reviews, both professional and armature (i.e. tripadvisor and the like), this is the highest rated hotel in Toronto, better then any of the other 5 start hotels that opened up in the last 5 years.

So regardless of what we think others love it .....

I have seen all the 5 star hotel rooms in the downtown. The hotel rooms at Trump are nicest rooms in the entire city. If i was visiting Toronto and money was no object, i would stay at Trump over the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Shangri La. If only the outside was as amazing as the inside.

Back