Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

trumplobby.jpg

There are so many elements that detract from the building like the non-windows facing Scotia Plaza, that massive mechanical box (especially when seen from the east), the granite that looks like cheap precast, the awkwardly large needle atop the spire and the anti-climactic treatment of the Bay-Adelaide corner with a rather ordinary entrance. The architecture is objectively subpar for such a prominent development.

I was in Chicago two weeks ago and saw their Trump Building. I don't care how nice ours is inside--we got hosed.

I can't believe that after over a year being open, the building still looks filthy--I see no evidence it's ever been cleaned. The windows have never been washed, there are all manner of stains on the granite, and that bane of my existence, the missing teal-coloured glass panel, still remains.

LOL, I remember a huge argument in this thread a while back about whether or not the building is "finished", where I refused to accept people's claims that Trump Tower is finished. Well from the mouths of the people running the place it sounds like it isn't, a full 4 years after it started construction. stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

They even haven't remove the driveway protection on the east side and finish off that side, as well replace a number of panels that are damage.

That damage to the service roof is a mess as well at the entrance. Did the idiot who did this damage have any understanding how tall their vehicle was and what the height restriction was for the entrance?? Was this another example of poor designing that fail to allow for tall trucks that cause the roof mess??

Even up at the dome area there are missing material and it reinforce the view that this building is not finish. The last I looked, the P was still missing on the north side.

Have yet to see the LED like I saw over a year ago.

Why don't you guys email the hotel or go in and ask what's going on? Form a sit-in in their lobby and demand some action.

Last edited:
Why don't you guys email the hotel or go in and ask what's going on? Form a sit-in in their lobby and demand some action.

If they want to continue to mar their image of luxury by having a building with a less-than-luxurious exterior, that's their call. It's certainly annoying to those of us who have to live with it across the street, but not worth the time and effort to protest officially.

The service ramps ceiling off Bay is already scarred and broken. Who chose to use what basically looks like drywall for the ceiling of a service ramp?!

Even as a defender of this building, I struggle to understand how they are taking such an incredibly long time to fix the remaining issues, and clean the damn thing. Dirty glass does not create a good impression of 5 Star luxury.

If they want to continue to mar their image of luxury by having a building with a less-than-luxurious exterior, that's their call. It's certainly annoying to those of us who have to live with it across the street, but not worth the time and effort to protest officially.

I was kidding about the sit-in--but the least people could do is send some emails or chat with someone at the front desk.

Most ceilings are drywall. What would you have chosen?

For a service ramp? Perhaps metal or a stronger stone material. There's a giant gash in the ceiling exposing insulation and interior framework...not much forethought in its use I think.

I should note as well that this is on the outside, completely open to Bay St, not past the doors.

For a service ramp? Perhaps metal or a stronger stone material. There's a giant gash in the ceiling exposing insulation and interior framework...not much forethought in its use I think.

I should note as well that this is on the outside, completely open to Bay St, not past the doors.

It's not uncommon for delivery vehicles to damage service area ceilings. It's is far better that they are made of a cheap and easily replaceable ablative (for want of a better word) material, such as drywall.

It's not uncommon for delivery vehicles to damage service area ceilings. It's is far better that they are made of a cheap and easily replaceable ablative (for want of a better word) material, such as drywall.

Yes - but that generally works best with a responsible owner or property manager who is willing to repair such damages reasonably quickly after they occur.....

Back