Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Aw heck, I've figured the parking garage talk is germane here: Trump's parking is going to be above ground mostly. I'm wondering how they'll handle it. We've seen the renders, but who really knows 'til it's done.

Yes, actually that was closer to the meaning in my original question about parking garages in Chicago. Don't most buildings there handle parking like Trump Toronto by putting it above grade? This is what I figured made the buildings there taller on average.

Trump_base.jpg

I was in Trump's temporary sales office recently, while nothing spectacular I got a good feeling on how the above ground garage will turn out at the base of this tower ... in conjunction to the black (granite?) facade, the windows will add much needed interest to the walls, the base should turn out nicely if they use super-reflective glass (rather than clear or spandrel glass) for these garage windows :)

Yes, actually that was closer to the meaning in my original question about parking garages in Chicago. Don't most buildings there handle parking like Trump Toronto by putting it above grade? This is what I figured made the buildings there taller on average.

Trump Chicago has 8-10 floors of above ground parking from the pictures I've looked at. Would still be very tall without these floors.

i know this question has come up on this thread recently

To: Scotia Plaza Tenants

Date: November 11, 2008

Subject: Bay Adelaide Tunnel Connection Construction.

Scotia Plaza Management is working with Brookfield Properties to construct a tunnel
under Adelaide Street to complete the PATH connection between Scotia Plaza and
the Bay Adelaide Centre leading to the Bay and Eaton Centre with an anticipated
official opening of the connection on September 1st 2009.
The Surface work has begun this week and hoarding has been erected on the sidewalk
at the end of the Adelaide forecourt; we expect this work will be completed in the
spring. During this time road closures may be required due to this construction; our
parking entrance and garage, however, will always be accessible. Our Security
Officers will continue to monitor all road traffic in the area and Police Officers will
be called in as needed to assist.
We will provide updates as the work progresses.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bob Bouvier

Operations Director

Trump Chicago has 8-10 floors of above ground parking from the pictures I've looked at. Would still be very tall without these floors.

yeah, up to the first setback

There's a Mondrian inspired facade masking above grade parking in Calgary that looks pretty good both day and night (unlike the parkade posted above)

Last edited:
From Yesterday

dsc01250qd4.jpg

I saw recently, that once they hit ground level, the first few floors will be a giant open arena during construction. Materials and vehichles will use the "lobby" by utilizing what will eventually be the Bay Street entrance to the parking.

As the building climbs above ground it will actually look rather peaceful with the delivery/unloading activity happening indoors!

Back