St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler COMPLETE

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hmm, a Russian financial deal involving a Trump named property... There couldn't be anything shady about that now, could there be? Nah!

Don't you mean nyet?

mustangjay

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure what the big issue is regarding Russian business people purchasing property; a Saudi prince owned the Royal York for years and nobody complained. Believe it or not, not everybody in Russia knows Putin. As Canadians, don't we get upset with the "Do you know Joe from Canada" questions from Americans? Enough already!

Ramako

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure what the big issue is regarding Russian business people purchasing property; a Saudi prince owned the Royal York for years and nobody complained. Believe it or not, not everybody in Russia knows Putin. As Canadians, don't we get upset with the "Do you know Joe from Canada" questions from Americans? Enough already!

Please. If Trump's campaign is being actively investigated by the FBI for connections to the Russian government and Russian business interests (which, if you know anything about Russia, are very closely aligned), then it would make sense that Trump's deal with this Russian billionaire would be of interest to the investigators.

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
Whooops

Falling glass shuts down street around Trump hotel

DBLTNp9XUAAOfDa.jpg

steveve

Member Bio
Reaction score

Skeezix

Member Bio
Reaction score
Toronto’s Trump Tower could get a new name: sources
The Globe and Mail, 16 June 2017

"Marriott International Inc's St. Regis brand is the lead bidder to take over the brand and management rights of a downtown Toronto high-rise bearing the name of U.S. President Donald Trump, two people with knowledge of the matter said on Friday.

A third source said the Trump Organization already has agreed to a settlement that will see it walk away from its branding and management deal for the 65-story [sic] hotel and condo tower in the financial district of Canada's largest city. [...] "

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Toronto’s Trump Tower could get a new name: sources
The Globe and Mail, 16 June 2017

"Marriott International Inc's St. Regis brand is the lead bidder to take over the brand and management rights of a downtown Toronto high-rise bearing the name of U.S. President Donald Trump, two people with knowledge of the matter said on Friday.

A third source said the Trump Organization already has agreed to a settlement that will see it walk away from its branding and management deal for the 65-story [sic] hotel and condo tower in the financial district of Canada's largest city. [...] "

Yes!! Marriott St. Regis sounds a lot better than Trump.

spaced

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ya, the Snow lights have been on steady for over a month now. There's still some dead spots on the strip but I'm guessing they're tired trying to fix it.

I'm just happy that one day I won't say "oh look, the Trump tower lights are on/broken again":

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...SKBN1972R5?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

It'll be "oh look the (insert less obnoxious hotel name) lights are on/broken again"

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted already but it appears the light strip is functioning properly now. At least it was when I was downtown a couple weeks ago. It was very animated like the CN Tower elevator shafts but even quicker.

I two on last night when I was on my balcony.