Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

You could even do it once a week, and it would still look really cool in a time lapse.

I get so forgetful, but I'll try to remember. Mind you, once it hit's 10 floors, I'm on equal level.

Delivery Turntable

Caught this last week. It looks like the a turntable base for deliveries. I'll watch for further indications - but it's all snowy now.

dsc01262xe2.jpg

December 1 2008 update

from the southwest corner of the site ~

IMG_2760.jpg
IMG_2761.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg

As it starts to rise out of the ground, I realize how small a footprint that tower has, and start to imagine its anorexic form rising 900 feet into the air. Although the architecture isn't my taste, I think that its super thin (and therefore super tall) profile will be fascinating and will probably redeem it in my books. 1 King West has a similar effect.

It's amazing how close to the street it is. They're definitely using every inch available. Pretty awesome.

LOL @ Harry picking the cladding. That would suck.

I'm kind of curious to see how the cladding does turn out. It's being done by Far East (same company that's doing Burj Dubai) so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with

As it starts to rise out of the ground, I realize how small a footprint that tower has, and start to imagine its anorexic form rising 900 feet into the air. Although the architecture isn't my taste, I think that its super thin (and therefore super tall) profile will be fascinating and will probably redeem it in my books. 1 King West has a similar effect.
I like everything about the design except for the garlic clove thingamabob and antenna at the top. It's even more conspicuously ugly since the building was shortened to 850 ft from its original 1000+ ft.

December 7

Looking northwest towards the corner of Bay and Adelaide. Ramp on the lower left.
3093959066_e9a3425abe_b.jpg

It looks like there is no room for vehicles to turn around unless they use a turntable.
3093959116_652ea8caf5_b.jpg

3093959122_34685e862d_b.jpg

Back