437     0 
News   Dec 03, 2021
 2.8K     1 

St Lawrence Market

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Perfect! Whoever wants to meet me there, first 0.5g pre-roll on me :)
Also one at the former Oliva at Front & Frederick. Seems like over-kill to me and many will not survive but... Still a great pity that the AGCO regulations insist on no visibility into pot shops from the street; is selling pot really 'worse' than selling wine, alcohol or beer?? Opaque shop-fronts are not good!

tripwire

Member Bio
Reaction score
There was a fire, in Starbucks. While repairing that the owner found lots of issues, which were, supposedly, fixed. Clearly, sooner than later we will see a facedectomy, the only question is how big. Will in include the Coras and that parking lot.

Actually I think the fire started in one of the connected offices/building(?) south of that Starbucks. My memory is a bit hazy as I haven't walked by in a long while, but I recall at least 3 businesses having to close down.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Actually I think the fire started in one of the connected offices/building(?) south of that Starbucks. My memory is a bit hazy as I haven't walked by in a long while, but I recall at least 3 businesses having to close down.
No, the fire was from the rear of the Starbucks and it spread down George. One of the neighbours told me that the coffee machine was 'wired wrongly and over-heated' but I do not know for sure.

Richard White

Member Bio
Reaction score
No, the fire was from the rear of the Starbucks and it spread down George. One of the neighbours told me that the coffee machine was 'wired wrongly and over-heated' but I do not know for sure.

Espresso machines can be deadly. If not cleaned properly they can burn or hit some pretty high pressure on the steamer.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Member Motion going to Council today next week, concerning the streetscape facelift for Colborne Street to be funded by the 65 King development.

The motion expands the scope of work to include Colborne Lane and Leader Lane.

1625838410812.png

Last edited:

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Member Motion going to Council today concerning the streetscape facelift for Colborne Street to be funded by the 65 King development.

The motion expands the scope of work to include Colborne Lane and Leader Lane.

View attachment 333741
It is actually going to Council NEXT week but is certainly good news and the timeline should allow the City time to look at the motion LAST month regarding closing the southern part of Leader Lane to vehicles.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
It is actually going to Council NEXT week but is certainly good news and the timeline should allow the City time to look at the motion LAST month regarding closing the southern part of Leader Lane to vehicles.

Quite right. Corrected. I've made too many posts this AM, some before finishing my first coffee! LOL

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Though I also posted elsewhere, this motion may be useful (and worth writing in to support!)

City Council consideration on July 14, 2021
Notice of Motion
MM35.17
ACTION​
Ward: 13​
Requesting the Auditor General Review the Wellington Street East Construction for Effective Coordination and Communication - by Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam, seconded by Councillor Joe Cressy
See details at: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.MM35.17

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
What was Urban Barn on the south side of King between Sherbourne and Princess is about to reopen as "The Chesterfield Shop"

EDIT: I think it's a part of this chain. Hopefully they come up with something a little less garish for the signage, like Leon's did at the roundhouse, but otherwise it's better than another pot shop or a vacant storefront.
952CB99B-6848-4CD2-8B3B-BF3A6598FB5F.jpeg

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Also, just outside St Lawrence, the LCBO are opening a new store at 4 King West where the Bank of Montreal used to be.

Interesting!

No permits pulled yet; and CBRE still has it listed for lease; on the other hand, CBRE has been known not to update their information in a timely way.