Toronto St Lawrence Centre Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | CreateTO | Hariri Pontarini

Preferred choice for the St. Lawrence Centre Redevelopment Competition

• Brook McIlroy, Trahan Architects, and Hood Design Studio

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Diamond Schmitt, Smoke Architecture, and MVVA

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Hariri Pontarini, LMN Architects, Tawaw Collective, Smoke Architecture, and SLA

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • RDHA, Mecanoo, Two Row Architect, and NAK Design Strategies

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Zeidler Architecture, Diller Scofidio + Renfro, Two Row Architect, and PLANT Architect

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dont get these 'outdoor theatre plazas'. when complete, they almost never have outdoor performances of any kind, leaving them barren in use. And there is never enough public activation (ie. an adjacent cafe or retail in the cultural building) to help promote their use when there is not a performance going on inside. So they end up just being empty and sterile. Re-render that first image without the performance and you'll get an entirely different result. If Scott St will be closed, make it worthwhile and a playful extension of Berczy Park

The Julliard School in NYC is actually one of the better ones of these, but still each time i'm there, it's almost always empty. View attachment 551491
Can we move that building here? I know of a spot where Hooters currently sits…so we can stick it there! <3

Did they not learn anything from Social?

pigeons.png

Back